Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If Somebody Were Giving You Stash and Crafts, etc. At What Point Would You Say, No More? :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-somebody-were-giving-you-stash-crafts-etc-what-point-would-you-say-no-more-t35116.html)

NauDeeGal 01-25-2010 06:54 PM

wee mouse,

I agree with all the others about taking it, sorting it, organizing what you keep and donating the rest!

Pay it forward! :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing a pic of what you decide to make with it!

DeeDee :D

Mousie 01-25-2010 06:56 PM

trust me...he enjoys seeing me take it, bc he knows I will use it...but he would toss it, if I didn't!
He is the reason I have it. My mother didn't want to part with it, but she is legally blind.
She talks about maybe giving me stuff he has already brought down here...shhh! I was going to make something and surprise her...would have been a big surprise :shock::!:

Mousie 01-25-2010 06:58 PM

I LOVE YOU ALL FOR REPLYING, BUT I THINK I MUST HAVE PUT IT ALL WRONG... ;)
I really, really, really, want to know:
How much space would you give up in YOUR house, to stash more stash?
What is your limit? :mrgreen:

Charlee 01-25-2010 07:18 PM

~laffin~ Well....I'm getting rid of the bed in the guest room...does that answer your question? ;)

wvdek 01-25-2010 07:26 PM

K.I.S.S. - keep it simple sweety!

Someday you won't be here and then where will it go? Sort it out one bag/box a week if you must. Get rid of what you really know you won't use. There are church organizations, women's shelters, groups in other countries that will take all your craft stuff. Don't keep it around just 'cuz it was mom's. I did that in our basement after mom died and 24 years later and a move clear across lthe country, I am still getting rid of her stuff.

I think it is a sickness called hoarding. I don't want to be a hoarder.

Mousie 01-25-2010 07:33 PM

YES, Charlee...I want to know how crazy ppl would let it get??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
we joke about it...but what would you give up first...for real?
I would keep some in shed...but it would ruin out there.
You would be amazed all that I can cram in a 11x15 room!
I'm amazed myself! :wink:

Mousie 01-25-2010 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek

Someday you won't be here and then where will it go? Sort it out one bag/box a week if you must. Get rid of what you really know you won't use. There are church organizations, women's shelters, groups in other countries that will take all your craft stuff. Don't keep it around just 'cuz it was mom's. I did that in our basement after mom died and 24 years later and a move clear across lthe country, I am still getting rid of her stuff.

I don't want to get rid of anything. It's nice and neat and so organized.
I'm just thinking of the future...where to put more if DB keeps finding stuff?
I will eventually have shared and made gifts and giftings of some of it...but I won't say no.
It's not crazy yet:wink:

Mousie 01-25-2010 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
~laffin~ Well....I'm getting rid of the bed in the guest room...does that answer your question? ;)

:XD:

Mousie 01-25-2010 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek

I don't want to be a hoarder...I just want choices.
hmmm,...think i'm getting an insight here...psychobabble.:roll:

Mousie 01-25-2010 07:41 PM

I have put boards across the top of two stacked shelf units to make another shelf...two actually..., and a third on next shelf down,...and then there's a little space in between on the floor that has a couple very small bins...:mrgreen: