Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'M BACK-- Ladies/Gent's/ and new members (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-back-ladies-gents-new-members-t176727.html)

isewman 01-23-2012 05:00 PM

I'M BACK-- Ladies/Gent's/ and new members

I wont go into a long story. I was searching out something on the internet, and somehow the quiltingboard sight came up. I can get around better, tan I did at 1st. The question, I have, I need help. Can some one send me a step by step on how to post pictures. I got to the picture sight, and posted a message, but I didnt see a picture, I downloaded. I have a 1924 singer(model 99) machine, a friend gave me. A grdmother flower garden quilt, I'm hand quilting, and another picture or 2. I appreciate any HELP. Take care everyone. 1 more thing getting ready for our QUILT SHOW in MARCH of this year. March 16-17th. Don

Alex J 01-23-2012 05:06 PM

I think you go to "Go Advanced" and the icon that looks like a picture is to up load

deemail 01-23-2012 05:08 PM

go to the reply box
click on 'Go Advanced'.... you will see a paperclip
follow instructions.... choose image..... it will go to where your images are stored on your computer... choose the one you want? if the pic is showing more than 1000 x 1000 pixels... it will not upload.... go back to your computer folder, double click on the pic... it will take you to an edit program... look for resize.... click the arrows down on the percentage box till the size comes down... save the pic under a new name so you can find it.... i just use the same.name.small and note where it is saved...
go back to the paperclip, choose image, pick out the right folder and the right image.small and then click on open.... now the screen changes ... click on upload.... it should go in....

SWEETPEACHES 01-23-2012 05:09 PM

Go Advanced
manage attachments
browse
upload

hope this helps.

QuiltnNan 01-23-2012 05:11 PM

if you do not see icons above your typing box, then you need to adjust your settings in General Settings. Scroll way down and choose WYSIWYG

Then, when posting your pic, use the picture frame icon with the tree in it.

CoyoteQuilts 01-23-2012 05:12 PM

Don, go to the top of the page and click on 'Help' and you will find a link for photo posting help there. Good luck! I haven't posted any pics since the change either, but I think it is still the same...

Oh boy.... I just found a quick link... when you type in the box just above the empty box there is several icons. Starting at the right count in 3--it looks like a picture :)... click on that, then another box will open. Pick where you want to get your picture from---either your computer or URL. Click on 'choose file' then after it is chosen you need to 'upload file'. That should do it, but mine wouldn't load... Don't know why but that is how you do it.. Good luck!

Mickey1 01-23-2012 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 4903979)
if you do not see icons above your typing box, then you need to adjust your settings in General Settings. Scroll way down and choose WYSIWYG

Then, when posting your pic, use the picture frame icon with the tree in it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I have icons.

BETTY62 01-23-2012 07:44 PM

Thanks. You make it sound simple.

Gramie bj 01-23-2012 08:04 PM

Welcome back Don!

pocoellie 01-24-2012 06:22 AM

Great to see you back Don, unfortunately I don't have a clue how to post a picture. Sorry, but wanted to welcome you back.