Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm embarrassed! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-embarrassed-t217645.html)

scisyb220 03-29-2013 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by meldmac (Post 5962753)
Thank you everyone, you made me feel a lot better about it. Working on another rag quilt at the moment.

And this second one will be better in some ways than the first, but I'll bet that each time you see your son snuggled under your first quilt, your heart will smile! Love bunniequilter's advice! That was just your first step, you only can go up from there! And you just started sewing? WONDERFUL! You have given yourself a gift that will return to you many times! Sewing anything is stitched from the heart, so keep up the great job and love your works in progress!!

Mom mom to 4 03-29-2013 08:44 AM

I smile when I look at my first quilt! But I'm so glad that i didn't stop at that trip around the world pattern that turn out to be a zigzag trip! I cut out each block with a cardboard pattern traced the pattern and cut out with scissors for I didn't know about rotary cutting. I have learned so much and have more to learn , but it is all so fun! Just enjoy and have fun learning!!

EllieGirl 03-29-2013 09:52 AM

I made baby quilts for my four grandchildren when they were born. They were my first quilts. I knew there were many mistakes, but no one else does. Two of the kids sleep with them all the time.

michelleoc 03-29-2013 12:05 PM

Your son will love it, don't worry. My 16-year-old has a quilt that I made when he was a baby, all half-square triangles. It has large areas where the fabric has been worn through to the batting and he WON'T let me get rid of it!!

isewman 03-29-2013 01:20 PM

I agree with jemma & grandma peg.. I still have my 1st quilt, I did sometime back. I should send you a picture of my 1st quilt..

Keep Them In Stitches 03-29-2013 01:28 PM

Be proud of yourself. I bet your son loves it very much.

quilt addict 03-29-2013 01:35 PM

Don't worry, the only ones that would notice a quilt police and quilt judges. I bet your son is neither and will treasure his quilt because you made it. After you have a few more under your belt it is fun to go back to see how much you have learned and improved since the first one. Quilt ON!

SherriB 03-29-2013 01:45 PM

Don't worry about seams that don't match!! You gave your sweet son a gift from your heart and hands. You will get better and better with each quilt. I have made quite a few quilts and learn something new from each one. My family loves their quilts and I love making them.

hray 03-29-2013 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sarah in Brooklyn (Post 5962148)
If anyone says anything - and they won't - say you did it on purpose! I'll bet it's beautiful.

I like that reply! And "wonky" quilts are very popular these days! Or at least that's what I'm telling myself about the Baby quilt I just made and FMQed, for a coworker. LOL

x7lillies 03-29-2013 02:21 PM

Seems like a rag quilt would be the most forgiving for mismatched seams :) You can't be perfect right away! Chalk it up to practice and you're guaranteed to do better next time. Anyway, the beauty of a quilt for your child is in the love, not the technique!