Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm firing up the long arm! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-firing-up-long-arm-t5675.html)

sandpat 03-28-2008 03:40 PM

Happy Birthday and Happy quilting! I'm sure you will be flying around on the long arm in no time

tlrnhi 03-28-2008 03:50 PM

Happy Birthday and have a great time with the Long Arm!

Celeste 03-29-2008 12:48 AM

Happy birthday and I hope you can share your experiences with us! (With pictures :mrgreen: ) This way you'll be able to help anyone who gets it! Have fun!

maggiebooboo 03-31-2008 03:58 AM

I got an older Nolting. It's an SMS 16 and has a 14' table.

My basement isn't finished and is a walkout, so there is lots of light. So I have it down there. Once I get situated, My boyfriend said that he would finish the room for me.

maggiebooboo 04-07-2008 05:40 AM

I am about ready to have someone come over and help me haul this thing to the end of the driveway for the garbage man. The more I try to figure it out, the worse it seems to get. I think my quilt is loaded wrong or rolled up in the wrong direction or something. I look at the website and the pictures arent the same as what mine looks like. It seems like I only have time to really dig into it on the weekends and then there isn't any support.

My boyfriends cousin said she'd come and help me, but I feel funny about calling her, because my machine is in my basement and it's kind of icky down there. She was my sewing teacher in high school and just knowing her, I'm sure that her sewing room is perfect.

tlrnhi 04-07-2008 05:43 AM

Take a step back, deep breath....go buy a bottle of wine. Sit, relax.
Now, call your boyfriends cousin to come look at it. Who cares what your basement looks like. She's coming to help you, not determine if your house/basement needs cleaning.

It's probably something really easy that you are overlooking.

maggiebooboo 04-07-2008 09:14 AM

Thank you for the advise. I really have been going this alone and I know I should ask for help. I just never seem to until I'm ready to have a nervous breakdown! Lol! I think I probably have a bottle of wine at home..

I think I will do a quick spruce-up on the basement tonight and then give her a call.

Celeste 04-09-2008 11:55 PM

GO FOR IT! You will regret it if you don't!

Calico92402 04-10-2008 10:30 AM

Maggie, you might check out Longarmuniversity.com.

I have a Grace Frame and had watched the video 3 - 4 times, and still not happy with how my quilts were loaded. I printed a 10-age article from Longarmuniversity.com about how to load a quilt, and it's made a world of difference! Quilts are even a joy to load on the frame now.

Hope it might help you.

Pam Pollock 04-10-2008 11:47 AM

Have your boyfriend's cousin come over & help you. Then have her back after the room is finished to see the progress. I bet she'll be just fine. anyway. We all have to work with what we have & she'll understand. If not...then just remember... Your objective is to get help so that you can start using your longarm. I'm excited for you!!! You'll love it once you have it working. Call her!!