Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm having withdrawal symptoms! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-having-withdrawal-symptoms-t49241.html)

Evie 06-11-2010 08:44 AM

This happen to anyone else? I love to sew. Once I get started I can on for hours, days, weeks on end until I hit the "wall." It's OK when that happens because I use the down time to catch up on my reading and other crafts or research patterns for my next project. I've been in the mood for sewing all week but have not been able to get to the sewing machine. I've been prepping two rooms for painting this weekend. It's hard work! With the long summer hours I've been just too tired at the end of the day to do any sewing and I'm going through withdrawal. :cry: Prepping is almost done, so maybe I'll be able to get in a few hours at the end of today and back to "normal" hours next week. Thanks for listening!

Quilt Pink 06-11-2010 08:52 AM

I soooo feel your pain, my daughter graduated this year and her open house is Saturday, she also shows horses so every weekend has been packed with preperation for the show and then all day at the show. I have multiple projects started on my cutting table and the closest I have been able to get to my machine is cleaning my sewing room (for the open house). Summer is hard on all of us quilters family activities and being outside just take over (an that darn 40 hour work week).
You'll get back to it and be better than ever! take care :)

mrsdralshhadeh 06-11-2010 08:55 AM

I feel you,, for while I was hand sewing like a machine,, now life is getting in the way,, damn life,,lol.. now,,I have not picked it up in 3 days,,,, take a deep breathe,,, tomorrow is another day,,,

sharon b 06-11-2010 08:57 AM

It happens.. just in the back of your mind keep creating, so when you get back to the machine you can fly again :thumbup:

dkabasketlady 06-11-2010 09:22 AM

I'm like that everyday, my problem is getting off this computer so I can sew. I feel like most of my sewing time is cut in half from this great board, but I'm not complaining about that.
You'll find the time to get back in your sewing room when all the extra life's happenings are done.

franie 06-11-2010 09:42 AM

Summer time is hard here on my sewing and quilting! I get grumpy when I can't sew. Computer does take a lot of my time--I try to limit it. Now I found this forum. I feel for all of us when we can't sew!

Jim's Gem 06-11-2010 09:51 AM

Yes, I have had a couple of instances where I have had surgery and could not sew for a couple months each time. It was hard!!! Especially because I was home and not doing anything else, I read a lot of quilting magazines, quilting books and went over a lot of patterns and of course petted fabric.

Evie 06-11-2010 09:57 AM

Thanks for listening, everyone, and for the encouraging words that things will get back to normal once "life" gets out of my way. So, it's off the computer and back to finishing the prep work. I'll be back this afternoon! =)

Pineapple Princess 06-11-2010 03:10 PM

I feel your pain! I just finished painting my room, and I still can't start sewing for a while yet! I haven't seen my machine in three weeks!

littlehud 06-11-2010 06:49 PM

I know just what you are saying. When I have a day off I want to sew. It just doesn't always work that way. Sigh.