Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   And I'm not even new at this... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-not-even-new-t207718.html)

kuntryquilter 12-07-2012 03:48 AM

I bought mine at Shoppersrule.com. You name the price, if it is accepted just finish the order & it is yours in a few days. I also buy all of my dies there when they are on sale.

maviskw 12-07-2012 06:39 AM

I sure would like to see that Baby work. I've never seen it done, and am very curious about how it works.

homebody323 12-07-2012 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had the studio and go baby. I had to seriously down-size and every inch counts where I am now so I went to the go baby. Happy with both, but the baby is light weight, small and does the trick for the shapes I like.

A hint on the rag quilt die, if you take a solid back, layer your batting and top fabric on, then put rag cut pieces on - spacing them evenly and leaving a little area between. Then cut a square 2" smaller than the precut piece, and fringe it. Lay it on top of the precut piece. Pin them in place and you can stitch around the two squares and you are quilted and pieced at the same time. Take to a commercial laundromat - save on plumbing costs.
I had a lot of the navy plaid flannel, so i just used navy for the contrast squares and binding. Very quick - Miss Daisy gives her approval
[ATTACH=CONFIG]380673[/ATTACH]

wishfulthinking 12-07-2012 08:06 AM

Will using the Accuquilt eliminate the "v's" that I all too often cut into my long strips?

JoanneS 12-07-2012 08:51 AM

JoAnn's has 40% off on Accuquilt dies today. Sadly, they don't have all the dies, but it's a good day to stock up! You can also order on-linean get 40% off - lots more dies to choose from.

As for the dreaded Vs in cutting strips, yu still have to carefully line up your fabic, but cutting strips is one of my favorite things to do with Accuquilt. So very fast! I have all the strip dies. I haven't started using the applique dies yet - that's my next goal!

wishfulthinking 12-07-2012 10:21 AM

[QUOTE]
As for the dreaded Vs in cutting strips, yu still have to carefully line up your fabic, but cutting strips is one of my favorite things to do with Accuquilt.
/QUOTE]

Thanks for that answer, Joanne. I figured as much. I'm contemplating getting a cutter. I guess there are dies for cutting the flying geese units Bonnie Hunter is using in her mystery quilt. They're taking me forever and I just had my first big rotary cutter/finger incident last night. That's really slowing me down!

nancia 12-08-2012 10:09 AM

Yes, the GO does eliminate sliced fingers! I have had mine for more than ayearand use it more often than not. Sub cutting is very quick without, too. I haven't used the appliqués yet,but witha new granddaughter, no doubt will. Be!

chick30116 12-08-2012 02:50 PM

I have the accuquilt go also and had a terrible time with the rag quilting square cutting. It didn't cut the square and fringe completely. It was still attached in places. Please tell me what I did wrong. Wyvonne