Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Im SOOOOOO excited..My very first Shop hop!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-soooooo-excited-my-very-first-shop-hop-t104795.html)

luvTooQuilt 03-03-2011 06:44 PM

I was invited (or did I invite myself? :roll: ) Anyhoo, Tomorrow will be my very first ever shop hop with a couple of gals from my monthly quilting group!!! Im soooooo excited.. Anything this newbie shop hop wannabe need to know for tomorrow??

BETTY62 03-03-2011 06:46 PM

Enjoy yourself and have a great time!

sueisallaboutquilts 03-03-2011 07:13 PM

I can't believe I've never done one so let me know how it goes!
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!! :D

lovestosew 03-03-2011 07:26 PM

Take plenty of cash or plastic! LOL I went on one back in October over 3 days. The stores were spread out quite a bit and trying to work around 3 peoples schedule was hard. But, we had a ball! They had another one, but it was when we got 20 inches of snow, so needless to say, we didn't make that one. It's so nice to go to stores in other areas, and see all the different displays and fabrics. Wish we lived somewhere else that had a friendlier shop with more classes than the one that is close to me. Have fun, and show what you come home with!

luvTooQuilt 03-03-2011 07:31 PM

I will..I am soo excited.. :mrgreen:

Murphy 03-03-2011 08:33 PM

I went on my first one last summer and we had a ball. Take water in the car to stay hydrated as you will be running and funning all day (smile). Enjoy both your friends and the shop hop experience. We are repeating it again this summer in Minnesota. Have a GREAT day and let us know how it went!!

luvTooQuilt 03-05-2011 12:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
WHoo Hoo.. I had a blast... Good thing I had stashed away some cash for a rainy day!!!

Here's my loot.. Ok so I was not very good at holding back.. at one point I had bolts and bolts piles high up in my arms that my two friends had to assist carrying them to the cutting table. I kept telling them I didn't need help but they insisted I did, and they were right!!! !! it was funny!! Wish I had a pic of that!!

I bought yards and yards..Over 40+ yards total.. I lost count after a while.. Each of the bolts have anywhere from 2-5 yards, 1930's were 2yd cuts, and I bought 2- two gallon scrap bags that had huge fat quarter pices in them for $7/ bag.. What a deal.. It was crammed with scraps...

my stash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138646[/ATTACH]

Lovely batiks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138647[/ATTACH]

1930's
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138648[/ATTACH]

Scrap bags for $7/bag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138916[/ATTACH]

zipit 03-05-2011 01:01 PM

I love shop hops! It looks like you did very well.

luvTooQuilt 03-06-2011 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here is todays loot.. We finished the shop hop today . We managed to make it all nine stores from Arkansas, Branson MO, Springfield MO to Joplin MO.. It was soo much fun..All fabric was 25-50% 0ff... So I made t he most of my trip..

My favorite store was The country Corner store in Harrison Arkansas...

MOre 1930's and some neutrals
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159245[/ATTACH]

CarrieAnne 03-06-2011 09:00 PM

What pretty fabric! Gladyou had fun!