Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm such a proud mom! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-such-proud-mom-t203983.html)

LoisM 10-22-2012 08:32 PM

That's FANTASTIC!! Bless her dear little heart. I hope she catches the quilting bug!

MamaInRed 10-22-2012 08:48 PM

Must be something in the air, my seventeen year old daughter asked me the same thing this week.
So I run right out & bought her a machine of her own, so we can sew together as she learns.
It's so great when our kids share our love of fabric's & quilting.

Pickles 10-22-2012 09:15 PM

I'm so happy for you and her hope she ends up loving it and carrys it on to her daughter some day :}

ShabbyTabby 10-22-2012 10:18 PM

I am blessed. Both my daughter and my granddaughter are quilters. Granddaughter is almost 21 and she has been sewing for about 7 years now. She belongs to a Renniasance Guild and made all of her own fancy gowns this past year. She has 4 quilts under her belt. Daughter is doing a quilt for fundraiser for SPCA and 2 for friends for gifts. You should see our dining room!!! A whirlwind of fabrics.

batikmystique 10-23-2012 06:50 AM

How wonderful! And, to be using a machine that has been passed down through the generations. My daughter said she just wouldn't have the patience to do quilting. I'm a bit disappointed for myself, but so happy for you!! What a great way to strengthen your mother/daughter bond. I'm still hoping my daughter will want to try someday.

kentuckyred 10-23-2012 07:00 AM

She finished the top and basted the layers together last night and it looks wonderful! I'll post pictures this evening. She's a little frusterated with the hand stitching but I told her she needed to at least try it and if she really hates it I'll show her how to do it on the machine. :D It was very nice sitting side by side with her as she worked and I worked on my kitty place mats- quilted matts go on the back of the sofa for the cats to sleep on. I'm really proud of her.

nygal 10-23-2012 10:32 AM

How wonderful. A new quilter among us.

rj.neihart 10-24-2012 04:38 AM

I would be proud too! Unfortunately, the love of quilting wasn't passed down to my daughter. She does, however, come to me when she needs something mended. hah!

cherrio 10-24-2012 04:53 AM

I feel your pain . . . 3 daughters.Nicole is a a cleaning fanatic. Kiersten is a fantastic, adventourous (sp) cook who gave me 2 dgs's and the 19 yr old, Jordyn, is- well, 19. and helpfull. and I hear she's a great girlfriend! yea. Jordyn at least made a baby quilt for a friend. well, MOST of a baby quilt. But says she didn't like sewing and has no plans of doing anything more than helping me. it's a start.

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy (Post 5605027)
That is so nice! My daughters are not interested in making quilts at all. They like the results but not the process.

Caswews 10-24-2012 05:07 AM

woohooo another quilter has arisen!! Even if she only does it once-she will learn a lesson of a lifetime as far as I am concerned.