Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Indecision, indecision . . . Sizzix Big Shot Pro (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/indecision-indecision-sizzix-big-shot-pro-t103948.html)

ncredbird 02-28-2011 06:21 PM

I had a Sizzix Big Shot Pro on my request list for Christmas. I guess I had been naughty in 2010 because Santa opted not to bring me one. I have managed to live without it, checking on the prices periodically, and today when I checked JoAnn's they had it on sale at the best price I have seen. Yet, here I sit on the fence debating with myself about actually making the purchase. I guess what I am asking is how often do those of you who own these machines actually use them? My friend has an Accuquilt and uses it all the time. If she lived close to me I would use hers. I am thinking that it would be great for all those scrappy quilts where you only want 1 or 2 cuts of the same fabric or for trimming left over pieces that would otherwise have to be cut one at a time. I need some feedback. I keep hoping someone will post one for sale used but so far no luck on that front. Talk to me here people. Ann in TN

carolaug 02-28-2011 06:26 PM

Go to Pins and needles group on Yahoo...they talk a lot about the Sizzix

scowlkat 02-28-2011 06:32 PM

Search this board as there have been many discussions about both machines. My feeling is to go with an Accuquilt.

tuesy 02-28-2011 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by ncredbird
I had a Sizzix Big Shot Pro on my request list for Christmas. I guess I had been naughty in 2010 because Santa opted not to bring me one. I have managed to live without it, checking on the prices periodically, and today when I checked JoAnn's they had it on sale at the best price I have seen. Yet, here I sit on the fence debating with myself about actually making the purchase. I guess what I am asking is how often do those of you who own these machines actually use them? My friend has an Accuquilt and uses it all the time. If she lived close to me I would use hers. I am thinking that it would be great for all those scrappy quilts where you only want 1 or 2 cuts of the same fabric or for trimming left over pieces that would otherwise have to be cut one at a time. I need some feedback. I keep hoping someone will post one for sale used but so far no luck on that front. Talk to me here people. Ann in TN

Not to push you off the fence and into buying a BSPro, but I do love mine. I've used it quite alot and just finished the raggy shower curtain using the 8 1/2 GO die with it. So, if your asking would it be a good thing to buy? I would say yes! But that's coming from a very happy user.
Also join the pinsandneedles1 yahoo group. Great prices on both the GO dies and Sizzix dies (you can use both in it)
Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

jaciqltznok 02-28-2011 08:25 PM

I have one, I also have an older Ellison letter machine that I have been using for 10 years to cut applique's with.
This is the best company out there for making dies, etc...you won't be sorry!

betty32084 03-01-2011 03:44 AM

I love my Big Shot Pro, if you join Sissix.com, they have Crazy Tues sales every week.That's how I get my Bigz dies for it. I have the bird die and making a quilt of birds! and do a lot of projects with grand kids with it. they love making their parents cards!

vanessaquilts 03-20-2011 10:18 PM

you will love the Big Shot Pro Quilters version from sizzix - westminster, it is such a strong sturdy machine and really is 100 % better than the Accuquilt GO! my sister and I have both machines. Before the Big Shot Pro came on the market we loved the fabric cutter we had -- Accuquilt - well now the difference is beyond belief. I was hesitant to buy and contacted the online fabric cutter and dies store in Canada, they were so confident we would love this machine and after much discussion with them we decided to take the plunge.
All I can say is thank you - Stitch in the Ditch! you are amazing and you are as good as your word! we would still be hedging if you had not had the knowledge and answers we needed. So really do not worry - you can speak to any of the gals who have this machine through the facebook stitchintheditch sharing and learning page, they are honest and open and will tell you how they feel about their machine, it is not the store - this is the public who either have accuquilt or big shot pro and they are the best to ask about it.
they will certainly give you their two cents worth