Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Innova Sit-Down Quilting Machine - Anyone Tried It? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/innova-sit-down-quilting-machine-anyone-tried-t200909.html)

cmw0829 04-13-2013 06:54 PM

Update!! I was able to see the Innova sit down at a show yesterday. They've modified the design for the regulated machine so that the big regulator block is no longer just above the needle. The sensor is now under the acrylic insert that encloses the base of the machine. It senses the movement of the fabric over it. They also put it in a smaller non-furniture table which results in a lower price. The table is bigger than the HQ Sweet Sixteen although there doesn't appear to be any option for leaves.

What a beautiful machine. It works beautifully.

I ended up getting the Babylock Tiara (just like the HQ SS). DH suggested that I seriously consider selling the Tiara while it's near new and get the Innova. Tempting but not sure I can justify it.

But thought I'd post on my impressions and the changes they've made in the machine and setup.

yel 04-13-2013 07:53 PM

i have an innova ...stand up and just love it ...and this is the 4th one i have used ...sister had 2 different ones and a friend has yet another and love mine the best

kathyz 04-14-2013 05:07 AM

Go to www.apqs.com and look at the George machine. Has a stitch regulator. I just got a used millineum and love it. Still have a lot of learning to do. I believe they will send you a dvd of their machines for you to view. Good luck in your search.

QKO 09-17-2013 11:18 AM

There's no mention of a stich regulator on the George machine. All the other machines specifically state that there are, but not the George. Could be that's why it's less expensive. I do like the large throat (20"), and APQS machines have a good reputation.

SueSew 09-17-2013 01:41 PM

What does 'large throat' mean in this context? 8" x 20"? It looks like there is 20" from the needle to the end of the arm. But what is the 8"? How far you can go side to side?
And it looks like when you put a frame in there that you lose a whole lot of "throat space" to the rollers.

QKO 09-17-2013 06:41 PM

Throat size is usually expressed in height and width. So an 8 x 20 should mean 8 inches tall and 20" wide. The rollers do gobble up a lot of space, especially when toward the end of the quilting the quilt is rolled up on that roller. That's why in longarms, most people consider that the wider the throat, the better.

However, a wider throat usually means more mass, and more machine to move around. So there are some diminishing returns there, it appears...

jackkip 09-27-2013 07:37 PM

I recently tried out the Innova sitdown. What an amazing machine. I currently own hq16 sitdown. Can't wait to upgrade to the innova. Plus they are coming out with "pantovision" for the sit down. Basically it is a pantograph that is on a tablet/iPad. Innova has really thought out all the details. I think it might be the best sitdown machine on the market right now.

keoweequilter 09-30-2013 06:42 PM

I recently tried the Innova sit down machine and thought it made a beautiful stitch. Have a Handiquilter Fusion but want to get a sit down for my smaller appliqué pieces, etc. Loved the stitch regulator on the Innova. Husquvarna Viking has come out with their Platium 16 but it has a stitch regulator like the HQ 16, which reminds me of a hockey puck. Not sure if that stitch regulator being attached to your quilt would put pull on the quilt. Does anyone have that type of stitch regulator and if so, what is your opinion of it. I am leaning towards the Innova. I have a lot of tension problems with the HQ. Can anyone speak about the Innova and any tension problems with it? Any information would be appreciated.

keoweequilter 09-30-2013 06:46 PM

Sit down quilting machines

I recently tried the Innova sit down machine and thought it made a beautiful stitch. Have a Handiquilter Fusion but want to get a sit down for my smaller appliqué pieces, etc. Loved the stitch regulator on the Innova. Husquvarna Viking has come out with their Platium 16 but it has a stitch regulator like the HQ 16, which reminds me of a hockey puck. Not sure if that stitch regulator being attached to your quilt would put pull on the quilt. Does anyone have that type of stitch regulator and if so, what is your opinion of it. I am leaning towards the Innova. I have a lot of tension problems with the HQ. Can anyone speak about the Innova and any tension problems with it? Any information would be appreciated.