Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   International Quilt Festival (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/international-quilt-festival-t114439.html)

kimscruzer 04-08-2011 04:12 AM

Getting ready to go to the International Quilt Festival this am / Anyone been yet? Did you see anything I should keep a eye out for? This is my first and I can't wait!m :D

MTS 04-08-2011 04:16 AM

Wow, right in your backyard. Lucky you!
Have a wonderful time.

luvstitches 04-08-2011 04:17 AM

I've never been to one but planning on going to the show in Columbus, Oh. in June.
Let us know how you like the show and have a great time.
Nancy

karenpatrick 04-08-2011 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by luvstitches
I've never been to one but planning on going to the show in Columbus, Oh. in June.
Nancy

I plan on going to the one in Columbus in June too. Maybe I'll see you there.

quiltinghere 04-08-2011 04:20 AM

I've been to several when they were in the Chicago area. I brought snacks (cheese sticks, yogurt, water) to hold me. I didn't want to wait in line and pay the money for a food there. Afterwards hubby and I went to a nice restaurant for dinner. Definitely wear comfy shoes. I wore clothes that had pockets in them so I didn't need to bring a purse. Just carried my card, drivers license and cash! I viewed the quilts first and then the vendors.

Please post tonight what you saw -

Let us know if there's something that we MUST see.

Tell us about anything you think would make our visit better.

I'll be waiting to hear your suggestions!

ENJOY YOURSELF

kimscruzer 04-08-2011 04:21 AM

Yep! In my back , Probably a fifteen minute drive. I could hang out all weekend.................Need to pick up some batteries for the camera. Will post some pics later.

jemma 04-08-2011 04:26 AM

epsom salts in a warm foot bath you did say it was your first!!

luvstitches 04-08-2011 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick

Originally Posted by luvstitches
Nancy

I plan on going to the one in Columbus in June too. Maybe I'll see you there.

Great! I'll let you know which day I attend.
Always nice to see a fellow quiltboard member
Nancy

kimscruzer 04-08-2011 04:28 AM

I am definitely going to pack some snacks as you stated. String cheese , peanuts . etc. NO purse and lots of pockets for sure , a tote bag and comfy shoes. I see your my neighbor in Indy! I'm heading to Holton sunday to see my parents.

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
I've been to several when they were in the Chicago area. I brought snacks (cheese sticks, yogurt, water) to hold me. I didn't want to wait in line and pay the money for a food there. Afterwards hubby and I went to a nice restaurant for dinner. Definitely wear comfy shoes. I wore clothes that had pockets in them so I didn't need to bring a purse. Just carried my card, drivers license and cash! I viewed the quilts first and then the vendors.

Please post tonight what you saw -

Let us know if there's something that we MUST see.

Tell us about anything you think would make our visit better.

I'll be waiting to hear your suggestions!

ENJOY YOURSELF

quiltinghere 04-08-2011 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
Will post some pics later.

I think you need to watch what you post online. Some quilters may not like it. Ya know that copyright thing....