Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   interwoven tube quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/interwoven-tube-quilt-t58825.html)

catabrie 08-10-2010 07:30 PM

Hiya,

I sure hope there is someone on here who can help me find what I've been searching for for ages - in the mid-to-late 1970's I subscribed to a needlecraft magazine which had in it instructions for creating an interwoven tube quilt. The quilt is literally fiber-filled tubes which are interwoven (laced if you will) then stitched to one another after weaving - I remember most all the directions but I cannot recall the method of stitching.

Unfortunately I never made this particular quilt but it has stuck in my mind all these years as one that I really want to make as it was incredibly beautiful in its simplicity & fit for anyone's use/room. I held onto this magazine (as well as hundreds of others) but it/them along with most all of my worldly possessions was/were lost in hurricane Katrina.

I have searched the web over for it & was lucky enough to find one like it, but alas, not the instructions.

Patty (aka catabrie)

M.E.H. 08-10-2010 07:44 PM

It sounds like it would be a fun quilt to make. I hope somebody can help you.

BellaBoo 08-10-2010 07:50 PM

The almost exact pattern is in May 2010 American Quilt Retailer magazine that most quilt shops and designers subscribe to. The pattern is for shops to use for classes, to make kits, or for free handouts. It's called Woven as One by Susan Fuquay. There is a picture of this quilt on her blog.

Some shops have a quilt displayed for classes and when you ask for a pattern later the shop says it's not available or they have no idea who made it or where to get a copy, it's usually the free pattern for shops from this magazine. I don't know why the magazine is such big deal to keep away from customers. Anyone can subscribe.

I have the directions if you can't get a back copy of the magazine. I'll probably never make one.

craftybear 08-10-2010 08:27 PM

that sounds interesting as I also weave!

does it look like this on this link?

http://www.americanquiltretailer.com/blog/archives/480

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The almost exact pattern is in May 2010 American Quilt Retailer magazine that most quilt shops and designers subscribe to. The pattern is for shops to use for classes, to make kits, or for free handouts. It's called Woven as One by Susan Fuquay. There is a picture of this quilt on her blog.

Some shops have a quilt displayed for classes and when you ask for a pattern later the shop says it's not available or they have no idea who made it or where to get a copy, it's usually the free pattern for shops from this magazine. I don't know why the magazine is such big deal to keep away from customers. Anyone can subscribe.

I have the directions if you can't get a back copy of the magazine. I'll probably never make one.

BellaBoo 08-10-2010 08:39 PM

Yes, that's the free shop pattern in the magazine.

dkabasketlady 08-10-2010 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo

I'd love to have a copy of this pattern also if it's not too much trouble! TIA!!!!!

Gerbie 08-11-2010 04:06 AM

Bella, I would also like to have a copy of that pattern if you don't mind. Thanks Gerbie

pvquilter 08-11-2010 04:35 AM

bELLA i WOULD LOVE A COPY OF PATTERN ALSO. pm ME.

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Bella, I would also like to have a copy of that pattern if you don't mind. Thanks Gerbie

BellaBoo 08-11-2010 05:55 AM

Give me a few days. I have some extensive dental work being done this morning.

sewmuchmore 08-11-2010 06:19 AM

I would love to see the finished quilt please.