Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Irene did not stop me... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/irene-did-not-stop-me-t148714.html)

ImMiksMom 08-29-2011 05:36 AM

I was up and out very early on Saturday to get all my errands done before the rain started here in Boston. I stopped by my LQS to sign up for some classes and buy some fabric. My daughter called (she is a Senior at VCU) while I was in the store and everyone was chatting and laughing. She said "Where are you?" and I replied at the quilt shop. Her response - "Not even a hurricane will keep you away from the quilt shop!!!"

I shared her response with everyone there and one of the owners could not stop laughing. It was very funny - and kind of true! Meghan

erstan947 08-29-2011 05:38 AM

:thumbup:

Morningcoffeegal 08-29-2011 05:40 AM

Hey if your gonna get trapped somewhere I cant think of a better place you defianately wouldn't be bored! LOL
You would probably be leaving with a few xtra things you didn't plan on getting too! LOL

Originally Posted by ImMiksMom
I was up and out very early on Saturday to get all my errands done before the rain started here in Boston. I stopped by my LQS to sign up for some classes and buy some fabric. My daughter called (she is a Senior at VCU) while I was in the store and everyone was chatting and laughing. She said "Where are you?" and I replied at the quilt shop. Her response - "Not even a hurricane will keep you away from the quilt shop!!!"

I shared her response with everyone there and one of the owners could not stop laughing. It was very funny - and kind of true! Meghan

blueangel 08-29-2011 06:17 AM

I guess that would be a good place to be.

craftybear 08-29-2011 06:19 AM

rofl, that is funny

you get the prize

just tell her you were watching out for the fabric and petting them as the fabrics were scared

ImMiksMom 08-29-2011 06:44 AM

Ooh good response! She would get this since she has a dog!

Originally Posted by craftybear
rofl, that is funny

you get the prize

just tell her you were watching out for the fabric and petting them as the fabrics were scared

Margie 08-29-2011 06:47 AM

One of the reasons I bought a treadle(still restoring it), is that if the power goes out, I can still sew lol. You go girl. Like the post office slogan

Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow,nor dark of night shall

keep these (Quilters) from their appointed (quilting) lol

Melrose R 08-29-2011 08:44 AM

Thanks for the laugh! Glad you are safe.

ptquilts 08-29-2011 08:48 AM

our power went out for 2-3 hours and I used the time to catch on some handquilting I am doing for a QB member. Fortunately it was during daylight hours. I am not so good at quilting by candlelight.

Jim's Gem 08-29-2011 10:18 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup: