Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ironing board covers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ironing-board-covers-t32402.html)

quilterj 12-26-2009 06:35 PM

I need to replace my board cover. Has anyone replaced thiers and what kind should I get? I seen at joanns and hancocks they have what is called bo-nash(i think that is what i saw). Or does it matter?

kluedesigns 12-26-2009 07:02 PM

i have the bonash and yes it has made a tremendous difference. i'm thrilled with the purchase.

Clothfiend 12-26-2009 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by quilterj
I need to replace my board cover. Has anyone replaced thiers and what kind should I get? I seen at joanns and hancocks they have what is called bo-nash(i think that is what i saw). Or does it matter?

I purchased one from a quilt show I recently attended. The product is called "Golden Hands" - it was pricey. I also bought a piece of padding at the same time that supposedly absorbs moisture. So far I've been real pleased with both products. The cover is a gray metallic looking material. I'll find out the name of the supplier and e-mail it to you.

janRN 12-26-2009 07:21 PM

I've been looking for a new ironing board cover--mine is the original I got as a wedding gift (almost 39 yrs ago!!) I really don't iron except when quilting.
Could you explain what is "bonash". Mine is silver (OMG I hope it's not asbestos LOL). The only ones I can find feel like they have sponges in them.
Thanks so much for your help!!

BellaBoo 12-26-2009 07:37 PM

I had the BoNash but be very careful pulling the backing off or you will have a ruined mess. Follow the directions exactly and pull a little at a time. It has very sticky backing and will stick the second it touches.

amma 12-26-2009 08:18 PM

Mine is just what was on sale :oops: :lol::lol::lol:

pc1camp 12-26-2009 08:30 PM

Hey girls,

After many-many years of making IB covers, it is a easy thing. Buy heavy cotton interlock and cut it about 3 or 4 inches bigger than the board (just lay it on top. Have the stretch going the length of the board. But 1/4" or 1/2" cotton elastic and zig-zag it aroung the edge of the fabric stretching as you sew and stretch pretty taunt around the front and back and then turn it under and go around it again. Makes a good cover and if it needs to be tighter, get some of the metal clamps that fit underneath from side to side. Washable and even can be cloroxed if needed.

Peg=TX

Darlene 12-27-2009 04:19 AM

When I bought my new one this year I immediately ruined it with the sticky for my appliques. I got most of it off with the used dryer sheets. Now I use a piece of the old one under the sticky.

Bevanger 12-27-2009 07:04 AM

i guess i'm cheap. i just bought one at the dollar store. works great for me

Kimcatlou 12-28-2009 05:42 AM

I also have made my IB covers for years. I always keep an extra one so I can switch them when one needs washing. Mine are from heavy cotton similar to gabardine, but I like your idea of using cotton interlock.

Instead of elastic I have been using cord serged on to form a drawstring. Next time I make some I will try the elastic.

Bebe--NC