Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I've gone and done it now....part 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ive-gone-done-now-part-2-a-t146720.html)

joym 08-21-2011 07:33 AM

I have not been on this board for a few days as I have been recovering from an 18 hr. job assignment. I am suppose to be in retirement. I took the job BECAUSE... again, this board.... besides the FW, I bought a new sewing Sauder sewing cabinet (again, that I did not really need). I took the job to cover these new expenses which I really could not afford. I am going to limit my time on this board, I swear.

I finally woke up, recovered from the job and brought the machine in and boy, it runs soooo smoothly. what a cute baby....just love it......case is still outside...will deal with that later. don't think I really need it.
Found a name plate in the case that says the machine belonged to a Dorothy Brakebill....items in auction came from an army base.so I guess the machine has the name of Dorothy or Dot ...
Have you checked out that site..cats on quilts? I went to the animal shelter last week having avoiding it for maybe a year ...after I had to put both cat and dog down. Next week, maybe one or probably two kittens...perhaps that will keep me off this board for awhile :| You think? BTW, will odor eaters work for cat litter box smell :?:

ragqueen03 08-21-2011 07:38 AM

How wonderful to adopt one or two kittens!!!!! We got our "allie" (short for allie cats) from a shelter. Don't know what we do without her. Friend of mine has multiple cats and they use something in their litter box that is amazing. The litter box is in a room right off her sewing room and you can't even tell that there are cats in the house - no smell to the litter box at all! Next time I see here I will ask her what it is they use. I really don't feel the need to use it with just one cat.

auntpiggylpn 08-21-2011 07:41 AM

Yay!!!! I'm soooooo glad to hear you might (will?) adopt from your local animal shelter!!!! All of my fur babies came from the shelter. Ours is having "Feline Frenzy" right now and a cat or kitten can be adopted for $10!! It doesn't help that the animal shelter is just down the road from my house! I stop in and "window shop" once a week!

Congrats on your new machine, it is neat that you were able to find out the previous owner's name.

I don't know about odor eaters. I use the arm and hammer stuff. Another lady on this board said she uses the stuff that people put in horse stalls to control odors. I don't remember the name but it was a huge bag (lasting more than a year) for about $10 at Tractor Supply

joym 08-21-2011 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
Yay!!!! I'm soooooo glad to hear you might (will?) adopt from your local animal shelter!!!! All of my fur babies came from the shelter. Ours is having "Feline Frenzy" right now and a cat or kitten can be adopted for $10!! It doesn't help that the animal shelter is just down the road from my house! I stop in and "window shop" once a week!

Congrats on your new machine, it is neat that you were able to find out the previous owner's name.

I don't know about odor eaters. I use the arm and hammer stuff. Another lady on this board said she uses the stuff that people put in horse stalls to control odors. I don't remember the name but it was a huge bag (lasting more than a year) for about $10 at Tractor Supply

If I get two kittens, I will try to find that product...thanks

auntpiggylpn 08-21-2011 07:56 AM

You should get 2 kitties, you know!!!

amma 08-21-2011 08:06 AM

Have you posted pictures of Dorothy yet?
Congrats on the new machine, table and new future kitty :D:D:D

Prism99 08-21-2011 08:07 AM

For litter box, I am finding that the Wonder Box disposables work really well. Found them on Amazon. We put one inside a plastic bin with a disposable plastic liner inside the bin (just in case). Litter is still cleaned daily, but Wonder Box gets tossed once a month. Seems to help a lot. Here is a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Kittys-Wonderb...dp/B000MD3MDW/

Haven't tried it yet, but OdorzOut in the bottom of the litter box is supposed to help too:
http://www.amazon.com/Litter-Additiv...dp/B000TSO20W/

Dingle 08-21-2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by joym
I have not been on this board for a few days as I have been recovering from an 18 hr. job assignment. I am suppose to be in retirement. I took the job BECAUSE... again, this board.... besides the FW, I bought a new sewing Sauder sewing cabinet (again, that I did not really need). I took the job to cover these new expenses which I really could not afford. I am going to limit my time on this board, I swear.

I finally woke up, recovered from the job and brought the machine in and boy, it runs soooo smoothly. what a cute baby....just love it......case is still outside...will deal with that later. don't think I really need it.
Found a name plate in the case that says the machine belonged to a Dorothy Brakebill....items in auction came from an army base.so I guess the machine has the name of Dorothy or Dot ...
Have you checked out that site..cats on quilts? I went to the animal shelter last week having avoiding it for maybe a year ...after I had to put both cat and dog down. Next week, maybe one or probably two kittens...perhaps that will keep me off this board for awhile :| You think? BTW, will odor eaters work for cat litter box smell :?:

Congratulations on everything :thumbup: Now, you need to tell us more about these auctions. :D

peaceandjoy 08-21-2011 08:40 AM

So glad to hear you are thinking of adopting a kitten or two that needs a home and loving. My dad always said to get two at a time so they could play and keep each other compamy. Of course, he might have been saying that as he needed to give a way kittens that were born of mothers dropped at the farm... Either way, it always worked for me.

We're down to just one cat; DH says no more. He's about 15 and I don't want to think about what life without pets will be like. :(

noahscats7 08-21-2011 09:50 AM

Congrats!!! And Fresh Step scoopable is the absolute best and we have 6 cats, all rescued.