Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome 1600P DB or Juki TL98Q? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-1600p-db-juki-tl98q-t34627.html)

bibiche 01-20-2010 07:51 AM

Which would you/did you choose and why? I've heard many good things about both. I can get a better price on the Janome, but I have read some complaints about thread breaking and tension issues. Both are used and a three or four years old. The machine would be a dedicated free motion quilting machine and I would probably eventually use it on a frame.

Who can tell me what? :)

littlehud 01-20-2010 08:06 AM

I have the Juki and I love it. I got it about three years ago and it runs like a dream. No problems at all.

bibiche 01-20-2010 08:15 AM

Thanks for your reply. Did you happen to test the Janome 1600 or just chose the Juki? Unfortunately I can't easily test either right now, so I am depending on others' opinions.

Originally Posted by littlehud
I have the Juki and I love it. I got it about three years ago and it runs like a dream. No problems at all.

knlsmith 01-20-2010 08:24 AM

I have janome 1600 P-QC. Had a little trouble with thread breaking whe free motion quilting. Switched to ball point needles and cruising at top speeds now! L O V E I T!!

I have 2 janome, 2 singer, and one janome serger. Im not a brand hog, but so far so good.

bibiche 01-20-2010 01:28 PM

Oh no! A fan of each. HELP! Someone tell me which to choose!

MadQuilter 01-20-2010 01:32 PM

I have the Pfaff GrandQuilter which is really the same as the Brother. Mine runs a little rough and needs a lot of oil. Not sure if that is normal. So I would say test drive and see which you like better. Is the price difference substantial?

Barbm 01-20-2010 01:38 PM

I have the Juki- for a year now. Absolutely LOVE it! Biggest investment I've made but so totally worth every penny.

Next I want a long arm, but I have a lot of saving to do.

bibiche 01-20-2010 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I have the Pfaff GrandQuilter which is really the same as the Brother. Mine runs a little rough and needs a lot of oil. Not sure if that is normal. So I would say test drive and see which you like better. Is the price difference substantial?

You mean the same as the Janome? Who knew? The price difference is three or four hundred dollars, I think, but the Janome comes with the Little Gracie II and the Juki with the Grace GMQ Pro and cruise control. The Janome is definitely more in my price range, but I originally set out looking for the Juki. I can't easily test drive the machines, unfortunately.

Tink's Mom 01-20-2010 01:59 PM

I love my Juki...Just was freemotioning a quilt last night...simply the best. No problems. Just put a new needle in before and after the quilt.....

bibiche 01-20-2010 04:13 PM

hmm... Juki seems to be winning. Any Janome 1600P DB owners want to chime in? Or better yet, someone who has used both? :)