Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome 7700 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-7700-a-t197469.html)

teriann 08-12-2012 07:42 PM

Janome 7700

I am looking into getting a new machine, I am really liking the Janome 7700. I currently only have a Husq Sapphire 875Q, and a featherweight so that is all I know. I love my Husq, I just need another good machine so I can easily work on a couple different things at the same time without having to change my foot, threads etc. I have never sewed on a Janome, but I have been researching them all weekend. What would you buy in my situation? Price doesn't really matter, but I do not need a long arm, and I don't need anything super fancy, I just like to play around and make mostly quilts in my spare time which I don't have a whole lot of cuz I work too much. I do plan on learning free motion though. I just want a good, heavy duty/trouble-free machine that I will enjoy sewing on (lol, don't we all).
Those of you that do have this machine, would you ever be so kind as to tell me the pros and cons on it?What do you like the best and least about it? Any regretts? Do you wish you would have bought something else?
Thank you in advance, I value you guys opinion and I really look up to you all.

woody 08-12-2012 07:48 PM

I love mine :) There are only a few minow issues, I wish it had a warning when the bobbin got low, and although I haven't had any problems with the needle theader (it works just fine) but I do prefer the one on my el cheapo Brother machine. It comes with lots of different feet, the only one extra I have purchased was the 1/4" accufeed foot (Walking foot). No regrets, pieces beautifully and quilts beautifully, had it for a year now and still love it.

auntpiggylpn 08-12-2012 07:58 PM

The Janome 7700 is the machine that I am saving up to buy! I've wanted it forever!

Neesie 08-12-2012 08:16 PM

I love my 7700 and am extremely happy with it. I only got mine, this year, so am still learning what it can do. So far, it sews beautifully, with any thread I've used (with no adjustments, from me). I love the needle threader, thread cutter, etc.

Only thing I wish it had, is better seam width markings (my eyes are getting older) but I have an idea how to fix that.

Gramie bj 08-12-2012 09:47 PM

I have an older Janome 4623 LE PLUS They don't even make them anymore! LOL my only complaint is the needle does not shift off center to the right, Thats just the way they were made. No needle threader, my eye's get extra excercise on focasing, Has a drop in bobbin with a clear cover, so at the end of each seam when I cut my thread I can see how much thread is left, if I pay attention I will never runout in the middle of a seam! Ran out twice this week! LOL My machine and have made soft toys, quilts, cloths, horse blankets, repaired tents, if it can be sewn we have at lest tryed it. Any bad results were operator error. LOL I would have to say all in all Janome makes a very good machine. Enjoy yournew machine!

Joset 08-13-2012 02:45 AM

I have 4 different janome and they all sew beautifully with very little
problems.

Dolphyngyrl 08-13-2012 04:07 AM

me personally I would get the new 11" inch brother when it comes out next month but I am biased as I love my brothers.

nabobw 08-13-2012 04:51 AM

love my 7700

KalamaQuilts 08-13-2012 04:57 AM

I love my Horizon. I understand a new version is coming out soon, so these should be going on sale?

teriann 08-13-2012 06:13 AM

KalamaQuilts - When is the new version coming out? Do you know if it is worth waiting for? Do you know the differences between the current one and the new one?
Thank you!