Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome 7700 Horizon machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-7700-horizon-machine-t77221.html)

carolaug 05-21-2011 01:53 PM

they are replacing my needle plate gave me one to use...it does not work ; ( I have a quilt to finish for tomorrow...I hope my other machine works...time to dig that one out.

carolaug 05-21-2011 01:55 PM

I feel the same!! When it works its Great! My husband is more upset than I am...we paid alot of this machine and we should not be having all these issues.

Originally Posted by chiaraquilts
Hi-
I had the same problem with the needle plate, but I was getting an E4 error. Just got word from the shop it is ready to pick up- they had to replace the main board, which is the SECOND time this has happened- the first time it was in November and I was getting a F7 error message then. I really love working with this machine, but the little (and not so little!) problems are starting to get on my nerves!

chiaraquilts 05-21-2011 05:14 PM

Ok, when I picked up my machine today, they said Janome had a new board, with an additional fuse...so maybe this will go better. You might want to ask your dealer about that. I must say my dealer has been awesome with all of this!

carolaug 04-07-2012 08:33 AM

I am looking for a quilt frame for my Horizon 7700 - if others here have one...please let me know what you are using. Thanks!

denveremerson 04-07-2012 01:11 PM

Horizon knee lifter

Originally Posted by tjradj (Post 1908803)
Yes, I've had mine for a couple of months and love it. She's big, but sews and handles beautifully.
Comes with a ton of accessories, feet, extension table etc.
My only changes I'd make are: move the knee lift for the pressor foot closer to the needle (it's too far to the right)
and I'd make a hard case to cover it.
I also use mine on my quilting frame, but had to make a couple of adjustments. "Officially" it isn't made to work on a frame, but she sure does!
If you have questions, you can private message me.

There is a screw at the top end of the knee lift lever. You can loosen that screw and move the shaft of the lifter to a position that is right for you, then tighten it.
Hope that works for you.

jillnjo 04-07-2012 03:26 PM

I have had mine for nearly 2 years with no problems and I totally love the machine and what it will do! But I would be very, very disappointed if I was dealing with the problems some of you have had. I hope you get it fixed and you have dealers who stand behind you.

carolaug 04-07-2012 04:05 PM

I love my machine also...the problems I had in the past were mostly me...once I started using different thread my problems went away....I am going to go look and hopefully pick up a frame tomorrow. sounds like the 7700 will fit on the quilting frame. Fingers crossed.

tinygirl 04-30-2012 09:24 AM

What tension setting do you use for fmq?