Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Jenny Doan's new magazine Quilting Quickly. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/jenny-doans-new-magazine-quilting-quickly-t210913.html)

topstitch 01-15-2013 02:10 PM

I agree with you. She has a delightful personality and is soooo great in her videos. You get all the info you need but without a lot of extra chit chat.

nstitches4u 01-15-2013 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5784792)
Am I the only one who didn't know that Fon's and Porter have a magazine by Jennie Doan called Quilting Quickly and it came out January 1, 2013? I just now found out. I am so excited. I ordered the digital and the real magazine. I think it said it is 4 times a year. Is that right? She is my favorite quilting person. I just love her personality and her methods and how she says "Isn't this just the cutest ..." to everything she's working on. I call the shop all the time because I order from Missouri Star Quilt Co. and always hope that she will accidentally answer the call. No luck yet. Dang! I think I will save up and make a trip to her store (make sure she will be there) just to see her in person. I feel like she is a good friend and someone I can trust. Anyone else love her this much? Anyone else not know about her magazine, which is going to be awesome??!!??

I am a big Jenny Doan fan too. I have been looking all over for a copy of Quilting Quickly and have been unable to find it. I guess I will have to drive to Missouri Star and pick one up. It is my favorite quilt shop. It only takes about an hour and 10 minutes to get there from my house. Jenny is just as sweet and cheerful in person as she is on her videos. I'll bet if you asked to talk to Jenny when you call, they would put her on the phone. The whole family works in the business and they are the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

sewnut 01-15-2013 04:38 PM

Thankyou so much for telling me. I too didn't know until this post. I guess i'm behind the times. lol!

judy363905 01-15-2013 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 5785195)
You can use a Joanns coupon unless they already have their magazines on sale at 10% off. That is what I saw at my local Joanns over the weekend. I wait until I can use a 40 -50% off coupon instead.

Sad, but Joann's always has magazines on sale for 10% off for a long time now. I too use to pick up extra magazines with a coupons years ago.

Judy in Phx, AZ

jcrow 01-15-2013 04:56 PM

Mawluv, let's start a groupie fan club. I like your name "JENNY, Isn't it just the cutest..." Anyone else want to join? We could do some of her quilts together. We could save up and meet at Missouri Star Quilt Co. some day and have her know her fan club is coming so she'll be sure to be there. I'm in! Anyone else? And are you sure the mag isn't about her each quarter? I am in her Quilting Quickly II that she teaches and thought that is why they named the mag that. I'm hoping you are wrong and it is about her each time. I will call MSQC tomorrow and ask. Please make it be her magazine! Oh please oh please oh please! I am a stalker who lives frugally and can't afford to stalk in person!! Only in my head!

stitchesttzke 01-15-2013 07:24 PM

JD Fan Club

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5788969)
Mawluv, let's start a groupie fan club. I like your name "JENNY, Isn't it just the cutest..." Anyone else want to join? We could do some of her quilts together. We could save up and meet at Missouri Star Quilt Co. some day and have her know her fan club is coming so she'll be sure to be there. I'm in! Anyone else? And are you sure the mag isn't about her each quarter? I am in her Quilting Quickly II that she teaches and thought that is why they named the mag that. I'm hoping you are wrong and it is about her each time. I will call MSQC tomorrow and ask. Please make it be her magazine! Oh please oh please oh please! I am a stalker who lives frugally and can't afford to stalk in person!! Only in my head!

I will join the fan club. I have made a few of her projects, they are easy and fast.

NanaCsews2 01-15-2013 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 5787629)
I took a picture of the cover of the magazine and my hubby found it at the grocery store yesterday. The projects look great. My only concern is that Jenny maintain HER style and HER business. Many of the projects direct you to Fons & Porter sites for the tutorial. I'd much rather go to Jenny's site. Had I been able to peruse the magazine, I would not have bought it. Nothing against Jenny, but I hope to not see her merged with Fons. In any way. Jenny brings a freshness to the quilting world. IMHO

I am in complete agreement. While it is understood why things are directed to Fons and Porter sites (at this time), I wonder how many would look forward to the day when Jenny and her family can take their 'brand' -which includes the Missouri Quilt Co and the entire Hamilton Mo community that have supported their business. and branch out into whatever they aspire to. I would love to see a one hour TV show on Sat. mornings starring Jenny and her family, done at the store and not a staged room somewhere. Keep it real and authentic just like Jenny! Looking forward to our trip to see the store (and hopefully Jenny) this summer!

coopah 01-16-2013 07:04 AM

So, I just received an e-mail from Jenny at MQC and if you buy the "Bookazine" from her shop, she will autograph. That's cool. What isn't cool is the F & P "lingo" which is where "Bookazine" came from, I'm sure. Just too cutesy for me.

Blackberry 01-16-2013 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter (Post 5786304)
Well, Joann's did not have it. Will check out Barnes and Noble and see if they have it. Hmm, I have a nook, so may see if I can buy just a single digital edition?

Why not buy it from Missouri Star Quilting Company. Right now they are selling it and Jenny will autograph it for you.

Michael_r 01-16-2013 10:48 AM

Someone said that Barnes and Noble has 40% off coupons from time to time. Coupon codes or printable coupons? I ask because I checked several coupon websites and haven't found any 40% off codes. Are they "private", meaning you only get them if you sign up on their email address? I ask because I am curios and I would need some of those too. Maybe someone can help me out, even if I am a little offtopic.

I searched for codes in 2 places:
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/barnesandnoble.com
http://www.printablecouponsdownload....table-coupons/

:shock: