Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Jo Ann's buyout? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/jo-anns-buyout-t84710.html)

ube quilting 01-05-2014 04:46 PM

Well don't I feel silly, I didn't even notice the date. I'm now even more disappointed 'cause Js hasn't gotten better since 2010. They actually arranged the store so you file through the check out like a narrow cattle shute and have all these little items and candy right there about two inches from your face. Talk about marketing:thumbdown:
ell that is the end of that rant.
peace

ghostrider 01-05-2014 05:04 PM

Silly people. They didn't buy it to 'make it better', they bought it to make money, plain and simple. That's what venture capitalists do. And it's working out just fine for them. Sales are up, profits are up, and no more shareholders to get in the way. ;)

carolaug 01-05-2014 05:26 PM

too funny....I did not notice that either.

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 6495222)
Well don't I feel silly, I didn't even notice the date. I'm now even more disappointed 'cause Js hasn't gotten better since 2010. They actually arranged the store so you file through the check out like a narrow cattle shute and have all these little items and candy right there about two inches from your face. Talk about marketing:thumbdown:
ell that is the end of that rant.
peace

BellaBoo 01-06-2014 08:22 AM

I heard a whisper that Walmart was going to be allowing a JoAnn's dept in the store, like the eye, hair salon and arcade in most of the Walmarts now. Who knows what will be in the next few years.

costumegirl 01-06-2014 10:10 AM

Also, just noticed the date after I sent an email to friends - oops!!! I will have to be more observant - Sad to note that their customer service and quality has steadily declined since the take over. Guess the bottom line will always be the one most important to the conglomerates instead of business improvement.

reginalovesfabric 01-06-2014 11:30 AM

our bigger WalMart got their fabric back in and I was so excited at the time but I can't find any of it I like. Most of it is way over priced for it to be at Wal Mart and I go to Hancock's when I have a coupon. We have a JoAnn's but it's 90 miles away and since gas is now $3.129 in Hattiesburg I don't go 90 miles for fabric.

bonitagaye 01-06-2014 11:36 AM

Same here! Very sad to hear this!

GrammaNan 01-06-2014 01:32 PM

The workers at my local Joann's are always bickering with one another, never smile and complain at the check out. I dread going there to shop. The last time I was there I arrived just after opening and the store looked like a tornado had torn through it. I told my daughter that if I was the manager of this store and I came into a mess like this I would be livid. Maybe this will turn things around.

gale 01-06-2014 03:06 PM

Probably not, since the buyout happened several years ago.

Wintersewer 01-06-2014 06:14 PM

$12 a yard muslin????? Even my LQS doesn't charge that much.

Originally Posted by sewNso (Post 6494135)
well, I am personally going to go back in as soon as the snow melts, and the weather tames down a little here in Michigan. and I am taking a brand new bolt of $12 a yard muslin with me, to show them, the dirty material in the bolt. has this ever happened to anyone else? I had to cut it, and I washed it before I used it. otherwise, I would have returned it. looked like it had been splattered, and then 'what to me, looked like signs of bed bugs at one time in the material'. and yes, I know the difference between bug bug stains, and cotton gin by products.
'