Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   JoAnn's Quilt Contest (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joanns-quilt-contest-t64805.html)

SharonAnne 09-14-2010 08:37 PM

Just wondering if anyone is entering JoAnn's quilt contest (end date 12/18/10) to try to win the grand prize of $2,500. Looks like fun. I'm considering it - got one idea that I've never seen. See details at JoAnn's stores (perhaps online, also, although I have not looked).

I was shopping today and commented to a fellow fabricaholic about a purchase they were considering. She said it was for the contest, and then when I got to the checkout stand, there was a flyer.

So, if you plan to enter, good luck to all and may the force be with you. Oh, I just thought of this - maybe this is only in San Jose, CA. If so, well, "never mind" as Gilda would say. Sorry to have taken up your time.

ktbb 09-15-2010 03:53 AM

the contest is nationwide...saw the flyer at my store today...don't know if I'll enter or not. Good luck to you

blzzrdqueen 09-15-2010 04:10 AM

I'm not doing the quilt contest, but I am doing their Craft for A Cause contest, making a kitty quilt for the humane society. The grand prize for that is 1 of 5 $1,500 Joann Gift Cards :) That would make me so happy, I could get the machine of my dreams!!! The deadline for that is Oct 30 and my top is 3 blocks from being done. If you enter, good luck!!

SharonAnne 09-15-2010 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
I'm not doing the quilt contest, but I am doing their Craft for A Cause contest, making a kitty quilt for the humane society. The grand prize for that is 1 of 5 $1,500 Joann Gift Cards :) That would make me so happy, I could get the machine of my dreams!!! The deadline for that is Oct 30 and my top is 3 blocks from being done. If you enter, good luck!!

That's wonderful. They did not have a flyer for that one at the counter. I'll have to look for one. I'd LOVE to have an embroidery machine. "Please" post pictures of your quilt entry!!! Can't wait to see it.

SharonAnne 09-15-2010 04:41 AM

I just noticed you are from Albany, NY. I grew up in Sherrill (near Rome between Utica/Syracuse).. My cousin (more like sister) lives in Glens Falls. I love it up there, but it IS blizzardlike and winters are long. Or is your username indicative of liking Blizzards at Dairy Queen - lol?

blzzrdqueen 09-15-2010 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne

I just noticed you are from Albany, NY. I grew up in Sherrill (near Rome between Utica/Syracuse).. My cousin (more like sister) lives in Glens Falls. I love it up there, but it IS blizzardlike and winters are long. Or is your username indicative of liking Blizzards at Dairy Queen - lol?

Actually, it's because I used to be a Snowboarding instructor :)

trif 09-15-2010 06:36 AM

I saw the info for the contest, I may also join, what could be the harm. You either win a great prize or end up with a beautiul quilt. I just haven't been inspired by the fabric yet. I'm sure if I go shopping again ( hahaha) and spend more time "looking" at the fabric, then I will make a decision. Good luck to all who enter.

SharonAnne 09-15-2010 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by trif
I saw the info for the contest, I may also join, what could be the harm. You either win a great prize or end up with a beautiul quilt. I just haven't been inspired by the fabric yet. I'm sure if I go shopping again ( hahaha) and spend more time "looking" at the fabric, then I will make a decision. Good luck to all who enter.

I agree with your assessment of their fabric. I came up with what I feel is a great idea, but can't find fabric there that would do the project justice. But, I'll keep looking - one of my favorite pasttimes.

:D

trif 09-15-2010 08:37 AM

I like joann's fabric, just haven't been inspired yet. I'm sure it will happen soon.