Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Joanns VIP Card ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joanns-vip-card-t152653.html)

Doreen 09-13-2011 09:33 AM

I just got my card and I hope to use it soon!

qbquilts 09-13-2011 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
For those of you that hold Joann's Fabric Store VIP membership cards...can you use coupons and still use your VIP card?
Example: 40% off coupon & 10% from your vip card making it a total of 50 % off...just checking to see if its worth it.
The cashier made a big deal about next week being a huge coupon week, my reply was "yes if you don't already have the merchandise on sale" she did say some of the coupons for next week can be used on sale items. I just find it really hard to be able to use the coupons.

You CANNOT use the VIP card on any coupon items. Also - check your math. 40% off and then 10% off does not make it 50% off. It makes it 46% off (you are paying 90% of 60% of the original price or 54% of the original price).

qbquilts 09-13-2011 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by grayma
The new JoAnn's in St. Louis would not use my VIP card because I had coupons for everything I purchased. It sounds like it depends on the individual stores. I would believe that there must be corporate policy on this so that it would be the same at every store.

There is a corporate policy and your store followed it. You CANNOT use the VIP card in addition to a coupon on any item. Take your pick, not both.

qbquilts 09-13-2011 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Too bad the VIP cards are so limited in who is qualified to get them. Just another reason I stopped shopping at JoAnn's.

Join AQS. My savings every year more than pay the $25.00 membership not to mention what AQS gives you for being a member (magazine, discount on AQS shows/products). So it's not that limiting in who can get it.

qbquilts 09-13-2011 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by jljack

Originally Posted by cattailsquilts
Generally the VIP card is good on an entire purchase, sale item or not. The only time I've run into not being able to use it is when you have another % off purchase coupon.

Exactly. In some cases they will let you use the % off coupons first, and then the 10% off. Sometimes it depends on the store.

You can use it on sale items. You cannot use it on coupon items. It will scan whether or not you can use it on any items. (Of course, in addition to coupon items there are the general restrictions of ineligible items similar to the ineligible coupon items). The problem with a % off total purchase coupon is that a coupon is already being applied to each item, so the discount card cannot. Each item can only have 1 coupon or discount card applied to it in the transaction.

qbquilts 09-13-2011 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by lindasidlow
Who qualifies for VIP? The info on the flyer says for guilds, therefore its not just enough to be a member? Our Joanns says the same thing. How do you all qualify for the card? I want in!

You can go to http://www.joann.com/joann/common/co...e=VIPDiscounts for information on getting the card. You can click on the "enroll now" link to submit your information. When your card comes in the mail, you will need to take the card, your ID, and a membership card (guild or AQS membership, card if using that) to the store for the manager to sign the card. Technically, the discount card says that you are supposed to show your group membership card every time you use it, but I have never needed to. I only give them the discount card to scan.

qbquilts 09-13-2011 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by chickiez
I just used mine yesterday along with 3 other coupons, so yes you can use it with other coupons, at least here in GA you can!

Coupons and the discount card can be used in the same transaction - it just is not applied to the coupon items.

GreatStarter 09-13-2011 10:21 AM

None of the Joann's near me will let you use it on items that you use a coupon on. They will take it off of sale or regularly priced items, but not coupon items.

Kat

CoriAmD 09-13-2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by lindasidlow
Who qualifies for VIP? The info on the flyer says for guilds, therefore its not just enough to be a member? Our Joanns says the same thing. How do you all qualify for the card? I want in!

I used to be a member of Quilter's Club of America - that qualifies you for the VIP card.... but I did not renew this year because more times than not, JoAnn's offered a 10% discount on total purchases and I could not use my card.

ghostrider 09-13-2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by qbquilts

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Too bad the VIP cards are so limited in who is qualified to get them. Just another reason I stopped shopping at JoAnn's.

Join AQS. My savings every year more than pay the $25.00 membership not to mention what AQS gives you for being a member (magazine, discount on AQS shows/products). So it's not that limiting in who can get it.

So the JoAnn's card would cost me $25 a year for membership in an organization that I have no other reason to join (AQS)? Thanks, I'll pass. To get the card, you have to be a member of a professional organization or guild, or a reseller with a vendor's license. I call that limited.

Are you somehow connected to JoAnn's?? Just curious because you seem to have all the answers on this subject.