Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Join us for a Virtual Quilt Weekend (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/join-us-virtual-quilt-weekend-t221674.html)

Raggiemom 05-17-2013 04:20 AM

Join us for a Virtual Quilt Weekend

I had asked if we were having a Virtual Quilt Day on another thread and there was interest in having one. So hopefully, I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by doing this... But consider this your invitation to join in on Virtual Quilt Weekend. There aren't any rules, work on what you want when you can. Post pictures if possible and let us know what you're working on.

I haven't been able to quilt in over 2 weeks as I've had company so first thing I need to do is figure out where I am on the projects I'm working on!

See you later.....

ontheriver 05-17-2013 04:31 AM

I'd love to join in. I plan to put the blocks together to finish my honey, honey quilt, make 120 HST'S for a new project, bind a couple of quilts, and get some table mats layered.

mckwilter 05-17-2013 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll join in, as I was planning to work on grandson #3 (grandchild #4) quilt. Had to piece 190+ flying geese, but am through with that and am sewing blocks now. I have 18 out of 48 done, and should get the other 30 done tomorrow. Then comes the laying out so that no like colors touch. Here are the first 8 blocks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414033[/ATTACH]

Shadowirish 05-17-2013 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414035[/ATTACH]I would like to join this. I have a top done that was an ugly fabric challenge and it's still pretty ugly,but I need to practice my FMQ on something bigger than a mug rug and thought this would be a good one to do that with. I plan on getting it sandwiched today and quilt it this weekend. Problem is half of Sat will be eaten up with a meeting I have to attend...we never get out of there until after noon....and then there is the Mariners game, but I'm going to try and get a healthy start on this quilt!

DOTTYMO 05-17-2013 09:48 AM

What time are we starting please?

Raggiemom 05-17-2013 10:42 AM

Any time you want to start :)

Pat625 05-17-2013 10:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I just finished quilts for my twin grandaughters..Want to cut out and start a disappearing 9 for my dd...I als[ATTACH=CONFIG]414059[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]414060[/ATTACH]o have a QAYG to finish off for someone- her grandmother started it and passed..so---I get the fun of trying to figure out what direction she was going in and finish it

DeneK 05-17-2013 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I feel comfortable to "really" start this quilt for a friend (in exchange for her to do some LA ing for me). I made several blocks from my own scraps before even thinking of cutting into her fabric. I have her fabric washed and starched so can start cutting tomorrow.

charsuewilson 05-17-2013 12:50 PM

Pretty quilt mckwilter. I even like the "ugly" quilt by shadowirish.

I'm joining you now for the weekend. I have a D9P that needs borders and quilting. If I finish that, there's a baby quilt to be quilted, then a postage stamp quilt, then the UFOs.

donac 05-17-2013 01:53 PM

I will be getting back to my hand quilting this weekend. Unfortunately I do have to do some work at fil's house tomorrow and then there's sil's lawn to mow. I hate spring outdoor work. I will be checking back over the weekend