Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Juki Exceed quilt & pro special machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/juki-exceed-quilt-pro-special-machine-t94272.html)

grammy6 01-26-2011 08:05 PM

Has anyone purchased/used this quilting machine? If so can you tell me the throat space size on the right side of the needle. I'm looking at purchasing this machine but can't seem to find any feedback on it or how big the throat is. Any info would be truly appreciated. Thanks, Grammy6

BKrenning 01-26-2011 08:43 PM

This website says the work surface is 8 x 12 1/4" so if you look at how much space remains to the right of the needle, I would estimate 8-9 inches which is large for most domestic machines.

http://www.sewvacdirect.com/juki-hzl-f300.html

I would call one of the on-line dealers and have them measure it for you.

Melinda in Tulsa 01-26-2011 09:15 PM

If you go to http://www.patternreview.com you can check out a bunch of info on this machine. Besides the machine reviews there are hundreds of posts in the message board, sewing machines section. Just do a search.

quiltmaker 01-27-2011 03:26 AM

I agree with Melinda as I did a search for you also and her measurements are correct. But from what I understand it would be a 12 1/4 work area to the right of the needle which is a nice size area. . I have the Juki TL98Q and it has the 9 inch throat area. Looks like a really nice machine.

Melinda in Tulsa 01-27-2011 06:08 AM

I think the harp area, to the right of the needle is about 8 1/2". Not sure of the height.

hazeljane 01-27-2011 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
I agree with Melinda as I did a search for you also and her measurements are correct. But from what I understand it would be a 12 1/4 work area to the right of the needle which is a nice size area. . I have the Juki TL98Q and it has the 9 inch throat area. Looks like a really nice machine.

Looking at the machine, and reading the reviews- I respectfully disagree- it is NOT a mid-arm. I think "surface" refers to the flat surface with the table on. It does not appear to have a large harp.

That said, I have a Juki 98Q and would not give it up for the world- I love love love mine.

Melinda in Tulsa 01-27-2011 06:20 AM

Maggie, you are correct, it is NOT a mid arm. But from what I understand (friend in Dallas has one) it is a very strong machine with great features. http://www.raichert.com has it for $975

My friend does alot of Home Dec and she says it's really great. It's semi industrial like the 98Q.

By the way, LOVE my 2010Q. I can't believe the difference in my FMQ using it.

hazeljane 01-27-2011 07:34 AM

It sounds like a great machine. And I would be willing to back any Juki, cause you know I love mine. I just wanted to point out I didn't think the harp was that big, not that it doesn't seem like a great machine. If I were made of money....

quiltmaker 01-27-2011 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by hazeljane

Looking at the machine, and reading the reviews- I respectfully disagree- it is NOT a mid-arm. I think "surface" refers to the flat surface with the table on. It does not appear to have a large harp.

That said, I have a Juki 98Q and would not give it up for the world- I love love love mine.

I don't believe I said it was a mid arm machine. I just went to a site that sold them and wrote what I read when I went down to the specifications of the machine and they said it had a 12 1/4 workspace to the right of the needle. There are a number of websites that do sell them and the specs are usually always available so one can see what the machine has on it and what it does. If I'm reading the specs wrong then I am sorry but that is what I read.

I love Raichert.com as he sent me my 98Q to Germany for me when it first came out and I've never had a problem with it.

hazeljane 01-27-2011 02:36 PM

Please don't be offended, because that was so not my intent!

I find in all the specs I read that is has a 12 1/4" X 8" work surface, but not to the right of the needle, just in general. from the photos, it looks like they mean the whole flat area of the sewing machine, because compared to the 98Q, with a 9" harp, the harp on this one is much smaller. It does and is designed for different things, I think. I just don't think it's to the right of the needle, as I haven't found that in my specs.

I didn't mean to start any kind of battle, and just wanted to make sure someone less experienced didn't read this and make an assumption that was wrong. I certainly didn't mean to offend you or disagree with you, except for that one little thing.

Friends?

Originally Posted by hazeljane

I don't believe I said it was a mid arm machine. I just went to a site that sold them and wrote what I read when I went down to the specifications of the machine and they said it had a 12 1/4 workspace to the right of the needle. There are a number of websites that do sell them and the specs are usually always available so one can see what the machine has on it and what it does. If I'm reading the specs wrong then I am sorry but that is what I read.

I love Raichert.com as he sent me my 98Q to Germany for me when it first came out and I've never had a problem with it.