Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Juki Oil (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/juki-oil-t278561.html)

Neuras 05-11-2016 06:22 PM

Juki Oil

Finally found some yesterday! My dear sis went to pick it up on her way back home 2 hrs away at a seeking machine repair shop. Since I didn't have anything else to put it in, I washed a glass bottle, let it dry, rinsed it out w alcohol (Internet), let it dry again all night. The shop lady filled the bottle halfways. My sis gets home & delivers it to me I'm just now getting around to looking at it & boy, does it look different!! I now don't know it it's safe to use or if I should just throw it away (!). Help! After all that effort & finally finding it... Btw my homes temp is now at 75*, could that have compromised it?? Please see attached pic of before & after. Thank you!

Neuras 05-11-2016 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, hopefully this helps/loads![ATTACH=CONFIG]549840[/ATTACH]

Jennifer23 05-11-2016 08:26 PM

It looks like you got some water in there. The vibration of the car ride could disperse the water droplets through the oil, giving that cloudy appearance.

Try letting it sit overnight, and see if it clears.

I'm curious why you didn't just buy a small bottle of sewing machine oil? That way you would have a dropper dispenser. Even if you get that oil cleared up, it will be hard to apply to your machine.

EasyPeezy 05-11-2016 08:30 PM

Looks like the oil turned and you should NOT use it because it will gum everything up.
Might be a reaction to what was in the container prior to pouring the oil in.
The oil should be clear.

Holly H NY 05-11-2016 09:05 PM

Hate to be a downer, but I wouldn't put that oil in my machine. I bought a bottle of juki oil from Amazon, and it is clear. I could only get a fairly large bottle, probably enough to last a decade, so I pour a little into an eye dropper bottle using a funnel. Makes it easy to apply. Good luck!

Stitchnripper 05-12-2016 02:28 AM

What is the difference between Juki oil and sewing machine oil?

ManiacQuilter2 05-12-2016 03:49 AM

I buy quality oil from my technician that does maintenance on my machine. The oil is crystal clear. Just make sure you are getting high quality oil. Can you contact this person who sold you the oil with your concerns??

elnan 05-12-2016 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 7547018)
What is the difference between Juki oil and sewing machine oil?

My question also, so I googled the question. No outright answer, even after scrolling through multiple pages of disclosure regarding the content and handling. My take-a-way is that it is for commercial sewing machines. Several people asked if it is the same as Lily White lubricating oil, but no one had an answer. It was developed in Japan, sells on Amazon, e-bay, and most of the online sewing supply sites. I'll stick to Tri-Flow, but I do not have a high speed commercial sewing machine.

Neuras 05-12-2016 09:43 AM

Thank you for the info! I spoke to the service man and he said the same thing, DO NOT USE! I'll now have to find someone on their way by their place 2 hrs away... ughhh... thank you so much for all of your help...

Jingle 05-12-2016 09:50 AM

Juki Machine I have requires a light oil. It is the Juki brand, light in color and feel.