Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just a suggestion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-suggestion-t113914.html)

emsgranny 04-06-2011 05:28 AM

I have a suggestion that may help board members posts-

Whenever you are responding to a post ~ especially those that are requesting items for a charity etc ~ please post something on that post. For example - if you are sending something to help the cause and answered thru a pm (which is necessary) also put a quick note on that post so it stays current. This way the post can stay current so the need can be met.

Also those receiving items for a charitable cause, please accept only as much as you need. This way, there will be enough to go around for others in need. Also please keep us posted with pictures etc so we can see that what we donated is actually being put to good use!!! I for one enjoy being a part of this process and have donated regularly but I do like to see end results.

Don't get me wrong ~ I am a very trusting soul and I will continue to donate. I trust all that I do donate is going to that cause. As a side note ~ I dont mean this to be seen as an accusation that members are using this board for their own gains. I DO NOT believe this. I think all posts are legitimate and will continue to feel this way unless I am proven wrong.

Thanks for hearing me out ~ Please no negative comments. This is not a slam - just some helpful suggestions. Cheryl :thumbup:

Newby0709 04-06-2011 05:31 AM

I like and agree with your suggestion!!!!!!

emerald46 04-06-2011 05:37 AM

Very good suggestion! We love seeing everyone's work...without all the great pictures I would get alot more done each day...lol.

litacats 04-06-2011 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Newby0709
I like and agree with your suggestion!!!!!!

I agree. and pictures would be great

LovinMySoldier 04-06-2011 05:43 AM

Good idea! The last time I donated I never heard anything back :( Kind of makes me feel like I was getting taken advantage of. Pictures would be awesome

whinnytoo 04-06-2011 05:52 AM

Documenting donations only makes everyone feel warm and fuzzy all over.

JenniePenny 04-06-2011 05:53 AM

Great suggestion Emsgranny. It would be so pleasing to see how the receiver gave new life to some fabric that I had passed along.

Maia B 04-06-2011 05:55 AM

I've always gotten a thank you, and bluteddi has posted some of her walker bags for vets.

dpparris 04-06-2011 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by emsgranny
I have a suggestion that may help board members posts-

Whenever you are responding to a post ~ especially those that are requesting items for a charity etc ~ please post something on that post. For example - if you are sending something to help the cause and answered thru a pm (which is necessary) also put a quick note on that post so it stays current. This way the post can stay current so the need can be met.

Also those receiving items for a charitable cause, please accept only as much as you need. This way, there will be enough to go around for others in need. Also please keep us posted with pictures etc so we can see that what we donated is actually being put to good use!!! I for one enjoy being a part of this process and have donated regularly but I do like to see end results.

Don't get me wrong ~ I am a very trusting soul and I will continue to donate. I trust all that I do donate is going to that cause. As a side note ~ I dont mean this to be seen as an accusation that members are using this board for their own gains. I DO NOT believe this. I think all posts are legitimate and will continue to feel this way unless I am proven wrong.

Thanks for hearing me out ~ Please no negative comments. This is not a slam - just some helpful suggestions. Cheryl :thumbup:

That's why I post pictures of the kids a work and their projects, I want everyone to know that the fabric was for the kids (and makes me feel better to know that people can see what they sent being put to good use). I will post pictures this evening of the "Mini Quilt Show" this afternoon. I think there is 5 finished quilts and 4 WIP's, about 20 pillows (seems like 1000). Thanks for the post.

SuziC 04-06-2011 09:30 AM

Excellent Post!!