Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just wanted to let you know... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-wanted-let-you-know-t173256.html)

ksbar 12-26-2011 02:27 PM

Just wanted to let you know...

Hi--Just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your warm welcomes to (me and) all the new quilters on the board. Hope you all had a very happy holiday, and will have a marvelous new year! I've been working on many projects, all at the same time, as I know many of you do. One quilt has turned into 2, because my cousin decided she liked both the back & front, and that I should make them both fronts (and of course, give them to her!). A fair trade, I decided, because she'll be giving me an antique Lone Star! Now that my WIPs have increased in number, I'm going to have to stretch my life-span once again to accommodate! Yes, I know it's only a small increase, but the plans, the plans!! Now, a question: How many WIPs, UFOs, and PIMs (projects in mind) do you have to keep you busy in the new year? Wait, I guess PIMs is a little difficult, because I have hundreds of books & magazines! Like I said: llife-span extension! So, maybe just WIPs & UFOs?

QuiltingGrannie 12-26-2011 04:04 PM

I have one UFO. Yes, just one. I'm waiting on DH to decide on the font for the embroidery work to be done on it, then I can finish it up and put it up for sale.

I have two waiting to be LA'd but they are in no hurry and those were made by a co-worker/friend.

So I get to start fresh as soon as I get a few business things done for the year.

Now, I do have several that I want to do, a few that are promised but not even started yet....including one that the fabric isn't even available yet!

Phyllis
QuiltingGrannie
Quilter's Pantry

breezyquilts 12-26-2011 04:44 PM

I stopped counting my ufo's at #29! My new goal is not to start anymore for awhile, hahahahah!!!

jaciqltznok 12-26-2011 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by breezyquilts (Post 4813195)
I stopped counting my ufo's at #29! My new goal is not to start anymore for awhile, hahahahah!!!

I quit at 32....how sad is that???

Keep Them In Stitches 12-26-2011 05:12 PM

I shall be finishing a bunch of UFOs I hope. I do not like them waiting on me.

ksbar 12-26-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 4813263)
I quit at 32....how sad is that???

Jacquie--I bow to you! I don't have nearly that many in progress, but I'll bet that you finish yours before I do! I am in awe of the quality, and quantity of the work that is processed by the members of this board! I am an avid fan!

luvstoquilt 12-27-2011 09:10 AM

I have a few...2 I can think of right now but know there are more and ones that I am thinking about are very many. I have several "bagged up" projects ready to cut out..probably about 10 of those. I am just waiting to find a "GO" somewhere cheap...like at a thrift shop!