Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lancaster, Pa Quilt Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lancaster-pa-quilt-show-t181403.html)

brookemarie19 03-02-2012 12:42 PM

Lancaster, Pa Quilt Show

Has anyone gone to this show? My mom and I are going for the first time this year and was wondering if anyone would give us some tips on the best places to go.

NJ Quilter 03-02-2012 02:28 PM

My friend and I went a couple of years ago. They moved the main show to downtown Lancaster. There is a second vendor set up across the street from where the show used to be held. They, at that time, ran shuttle buses to the othe site and it's worth the trip. The show itself is also worth the trip. In addition to those two spots, you'll want to go to Intercourse, PA (about 20 min. drive from Lancaster) where there are several fabric shops worth going to. Remember that the local shops are NOT OPEN on Sunday! Plan your shopping accordingly! I was shopping in Intercourse and surrounding areas last week. Paid avg. of $8.50 for name brand fabrics. Not sure how that compares for you locally but you'll probably see things there that you won't see at home also. There are also a couple of shops in both Denver and Ronks, PA. Both are a little out of the way but fun to go to. And for the non-fabric shopping, there is also an outlet center nearby that has/had a great kitchen gadget/supply store. Got some great deals there as well. If you go, any of the restaurants you go to (and they are all good and reasonably priced) have the racks of tourist info. Pick up the yellow fold out map of the tourist area. It will give you an idea of where the various towns are in relation to where you are and most of the more travelled (not fabric) shops. Enjoy your trip and wear comfy shoes!

nyelphaba 03-02-2012 03:11 PM

Go to Burkholder's, Zook's and Sauder's.

doodledo 03-02-2012 05:06 PM

Go to Obie's for a What the heck? kinda moment. But I agree with nyelphaba, those places are great.

sewingsuz 03-02-2012 05:08 PM

Oh, I wish I could go. :(

ragamuffin 03-02-2012 05:26 PM

This year's show is back of the Host Farm and the vendors are at the Continental Inn across Rt. 30. Most of the things are on Rt. 30 - just east of Dutch Wonderland Park (for kids mostly). The hotels just west of the Host Farm towards the Rt. 283 bypass, but on the right side before Rt. 283 were advertising $35 a night and I cannot remember the name of the hotel. It is a common one. I live in DE and I might stay over night. It takes all day to go thru the show and about the same to go thru all the vendors, some having good sales. The person who handles the Featherweights will probably be there too. If at all possible, get to Intercourse, Pa. because I was at Zooks and they are having a special 10% off everything and sometimes they bring in a truckload of bolts and they are at a special price too. I hope they have it this year too. Also, up on Rt. 23 there is the Shady Maple Restaurant (wonderful best food in the area) and the
Goods store is in front of them. They have terrific fabric and I have not seen any over $7 something a yard. And the prices for everything else in the store is really great. Along that Rt. 23 is some other shops, like Obie's where she has fabric stacked to the ceiling and you think it will fall on you but somehow every one is safe in there. She always has what you are looking for. Old Country Store is in Intercourse at the light, also Kitchen Kettle Shops. I hope you can come and have a good time. The flowers are starting to bloom here so I hope the weather is nice.

JustAbitCrazy 03-03-2012 09:10 AM

There are two quilt shows in Lancaster: one downtown, which is the AQS show, and the one at the Lancaster Host resort. If you can't get a room at the hotel downtown for the show there, I can recommend the Lancaster Arts Hotel, because stayed there last year, and they offer free unlimited taxi service within 10 miles. The hotel is really nice, too.

Sweetpea46 03-03-2012 06:44 PM

Another post to see if anyone from long island is going to lancaster quilt show and would like to buddy up to drive there or possibly am trak it