Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   learned about Daily Deal....... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/learned-about-daily-deal-t213282.html)

maryfrang 02-09-2013 05:39 AM

I just love the daily deal and also her tutorials. Several of use in our local quilt guild have joined forces and we also have very different tastes in fabric lines, we will buy for the deal for each other. We also will add the extra that we want off our individual lists. Even if I just buy a great deal, I am happy since there are no local shops that offer the pre cuts like MSQC.

duckydo 02-09-2013 05:49 AM

I love MSQC, they have wonderful tutorials

Longarm 02-09-2013 05:57 AM

I don't order often but really love the service and not only the daily deal prices but so many of the other products are a great price. Specially if you don't have to drive 50 to 100 miles each way, or more, and still not find what you really want but can have what you are looking for shipped for only $5.00! Thank you Jenny and staff!!

jeaninmaine 02-09-2013 06:04 AM

Sometimes the same one comes around again. I love their daily deal. Usually the price for the extra ones is a sale price, not as good as the price of the first one, but still on sale.

Geri B 02-09-2013 06:24 AM

Me again. Don't get me wrong....I have ordered from MSQ......yes, templates from their tutorials and I do love their products and their service cannot be beat.......it was just stupid me, I had never really paid attention to the DD, but that day, just was cruising around, saw it and did not read any further than the price and placed my order....and then cancelled.....now I will do as some have suggested here...make my list, keep it along side the comp and then place it when the DD is looking like something I really want. Yes, their shipping charge is very reasonable compared to others.....and I will continue to buy other things from them. BTW, in my last order from them I ordered the mag that I cannot find anywhere in my world...even my LQS did not know what I was talking about.......that seemed unusual to me, but anyway, I am now waiting anxiously for my package.....

Gail B 02-09-2013 06:26 AM

I love MSQC daily deals. Even if I don't order anything else at the time it's still a good deal for me.

cindyb 02-09-2013 07:01 AM

I get the Daily Deal and ALWAYS go in as a 'Daily Inspiration', but not only for the beautiful fabric suggestions - I LOVE the time they put into the little stories that personally apply to the Daily Deal.

Tigger 02-09-2013 07:13 AM

Many times I have seen where she tells you to 'put as many as you like in your cart' and that's a great deal. I have several of the DD's and need to come up with an idea to use them for. There are just so pretty I hate to cut into them.

I made three quilts for Christmas presents in 2012 using different patterns for each while letting Jenny guide me through the process with her tutorials. I was so pleased with them. The recipients were very thrilled as well, almost felt guilty taking the credit for them. I think Jenny is wonderful and is very genuine.

MarleneC 02-09-2013 07:23 AM

I have experienced the same thing. And, I won't pay $5 shipping on a $2.77 or even $10 item. And, I also think it would be nice if when they offered something I liked--say a charm pack -- if they would offer the layer cake or jelly roll of that pattern on a reduced price. That would make me more inclined to buy something.

JudyMcLeod 02-09-2013 08:10 AM

Yes, I found that out too and then when you add the cost of postage it really isn't a good deal. I agree with you.

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 5846916)
I, for the first time, was interested in the Missouri Star Quilt Co. daily deal......a really cute charm pack offered for a great price of 2.77....but I wanted more than just one pack, so I updated the invoice to show 3 and when I proceeded to checkout it showed one at sale price and two at regular.....I called store and was told yes, one can only order one of the specials all else of that item are at reg. price....so I cancelled order........sort of a downer......I think they should at least offer a minimum amount of product, say 2/3. What I wanted to do would have required more than one pack. Just wanted anyone out there who has not ordered from there to be aware of limitation of daily special...........now I know......