Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Let the Virtual Quilt Weekend Begin... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/let-virtual-quilt-weekend-begin-t233720.html)

Raggiemom 10-31-2013 01:46 PM

Let the Virtual Quilt Weekend Begin...

While I realize it's only Thursday night here in the US, I wanted to make sure I included our overseas friends so I'm starting this thread a little early. But everyone is invited to begin now if they want :)

Welcome to Virtual Quilt Weekend. Please come and go as is convenient for you over the course of the next 3 days. Let us know what you plan to work on and show us pictures of your progress. I'm working on various holiday projects. I prepped a few today so I can start right in sewing tomorrow.

Let's see how much we all get done this weekend.

AngeliaNR 10-31-2013 01:55 PM

I got two quilts back from the LAQ today, so I'm busy admiring them tonight! I did get a flannel quilt sandwiched today for tying, and I sewed a bunch of 3.5 inch squares together for a future project. Probably work on both this weekend--plus an experiment in making napkins.

kaelynangelfoot 10-31-2013 02:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm in, sort of. Nanowrimo also starts this weekend but I have a cold so I will be staying in. However, in between writing a novel, I would like to get this quilt top completely put together.[ATTACH=CONFIG]444302[/ATTACH] I have made a few changes to layout since this photo was taken, but I'll leave that for later.

The other projects I might be working on this weekend are my scrappy flying geese for my stars quilt and my stormy sea drunkard's path quilt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]444305[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]444306[/ATTACH]

woody 10-31-2013 02:34 PM

All your projects are gorgeous but I especially love your OBW. What was the original fabric?

Sunnie 10-31-2013 02:38 PM

OK, I'm ready. I just checked my little quilting den and I have 2 pillowcases half done, 2 1/2 small quilts to bind and 1 QFK all cut out. After I whip them all out I can cut some more QFKs. I love VQWs...I seem to get so much done just trying to keep up with all of you.

sewingsuz 10-31-2013 02:38 PM

Your projects are stunning. Love the blue OBW.

kaelynangelfoot 10-31-2013 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by woody (Post 6379585)
All your projects are gorgeous but I especially love your OBW. What was the original fabric?

Thank you! Here is a photo of the original. I found it at JoAnns, they also have it in a couple other colors.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]444308[/ATTACH]

charsuewilson 10-31-2013 03:03 PM

I'll join you after work tomorrow (Friday). I'm working on a postage stamp quilt and making H blocks (9 patch variation) for a later quilt.

Love the posted quilts so far and the fabric for the OBW. I'd love to use it as is, instead of cutting it up so small.

WTxRed 10-31-2013 03:50 PM

I hope to join - I have 2 baby and a couch quilt to get cut and pieced this weekend!

thimblebug6000 10-31-2013 04:03 PM

I hope to join, trying to get my DH's quilt done without him seeing it... hard when you're together 24/7. At the moment just waiting for our 1st little trick or treaters!