Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lets-give-some-gold-stars-our-lqs-fab-stores-t54423.html)

azdesertrat 07-16-2010 03:13 PM

In Tucson,I reccomend,Bella quiltworks,the quilt basket,and quilters market.all agreat places and wonderful people

cimarron 07-16-2010 03:18 PM

My two LQS are QuiltWorks and Savage Quilter, in OKC, OK. QW has 5,000 bolts. The Savage Quilter is not quite as large but has plenty of selection, and continually expanding. They both offer nice friendly help and great classes. I'd feel comfortable recommending either of them. There are other nice stores I've enjoyed in Guthrie, Edmond, Norman, etc. The above are the "most" local.

hawaiilove 07-16-2010 03:38 PM

Kelley's Pins and Needles in Hattiesburg, MS offers a wide array of fabric, books and notions. Kelley is very accommodating and personable as is her staff. She offers a variety of classes taught by exemplary teachers who are patient and knowledgable. Her fabric prices are a good value and she always has new fabric almost every week. She will email you to let you know when new stock has arrived. Check this shop out - the service is outstanding!!

ezug 07-16-2010 03:50 PM

this is such a great thread! I now feel I have a LQS home wherever I end up traveling to! My favorite quilt shop is in King of Prussia, PA (outside Philadelphia) and it is called Steve's Sew and Vac. A whole troup of wonderful and helpful ladies (and gentlemen) - class acts, all of them, and always willing to drop whatever they are doing to help. Definitely worth a visit --

bbmom1989 07-16-2010 03:52 PM

I have two great places I go in SW Portland, OR. One is A Common Thread - they have everything you want and things you didn't know you wanted. I also go to The Sewing Room in Beaverton. It is new and they are just starting to build, but I can go in there with a focus material and a pattern and that take the time to assist me in putting the whole look together.

I know there are other magnificent places in the area - but those are my go to's.

Jana

Dee 07-16-2010 04:59 PM

Have none here at all where I live.

IBQUILTIN 07-16-2010 05:01 PM

Bear Paws Quilts and More in Oakhurst, Ca. Donna Henning is the owner, and will always go out of her way to help with whatever I need. ( And usually a few things that I don't need)

sewingrams 07-16-2010 05:15 PM

There are two shops in Stillwater,Okalahoma right on Main Street. Both have women who run them,they always were the best at helping you find what you need and alway pleasant to talk to about Quilting.

jetnica 07-16-2010 05:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't have a LQS but I don't mind a bit of a drive (and usually the quilt shop is paired with another destination, like visiting my mom!) I'm terrible with names, but I've never had a bad experience at ANY of these shops on any of the visits I've made.

Classic Quilt Shop in Clarksburg WV
A Stitch in Time Shoppe in Greensburg PA
Sew Chic in Fairmont WV
Sew Inn in Morgantown WV (First Visit today!)

Here are goodies I got today on my drive home:

Sew Chic (Fairmont)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75462[/ATTACH]

Sew Inn (Morgantown)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75463[/ATTACH]

Daisygirl 07-16-2010 05:40 PM

I would have to say Quilting Possibilities in forked river, nj andFabric inspirations in Englishtown, nj