Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It is like Christmas here (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/like-christmas-here-t29307.html)

cutebuns 11-25-2009 12:12 PM

On my way home I stopped to check the mail, it was a bit early but was not planning on going out until later (which turns out that I don't have to now as there is not biathlon practice tonight) and there was a package there for me, I rush home, it says that it isn't my SS (which I didn't sign up for, wanted to but knew I was short time at the moment doing all the embroidery work) And a big heart with SURPRISE written in it. It was a huge touching surprise. A Quilting Angel, a big one, sent me the Dear Jane Software with the rulers so that I can participate in Jan with the sew along. Some know that we are having a few financial difficulties right now, DH was released medically from the military earlier this year and right now is doing retraining and his disability check doesn't come close to covering much of anything. So the program just wasn't going to happen any time soon, even when he is back at work it will take a bit to catch up on some of the bills.

So, I am sending a huge hug and kiss out to my ANGEL, and it isn't the only one that I have either, just yesterday another box arrived, with something for under the tree for me, knowing that in situations like this that mom is usually the one to take a hit on days like this. (It is still wrapped so I have no idea what she sent me) ANd she sent me a little extra spending money as well to make sure that there was food on the table and a little room for an extra or two at the store.

I am so touched by the generosity of the people of this board, I hope to be able to pay it forward when ever I can.

kluedesigns 11-25-2009 12:20 PM

how wonderful, you are blessed. i'm so glad you'll be able to join the Dear Jane Cyber Block Party.

cminor 11-25-2009 12:26 PM

Thank goodness for good people. Its nice to know there are still so many people out there with such big hearts.

I am very happy for you :D

cutebuns 11-25-2009 01:07 PM

There are some very large hearted people here on the board, They deserve more than a cyber hug that is for sure.

tuesy 11-25-2009 01:12 PM

cutebuns... I'm going to PM you with some info that might help you too!

cutebuns 11-25-2009 02:29 PM

Thanks Tuesy. I am finally getting answers, it is to bad that someone has to go to these lengths to get information, And he will be back to work soon I hope, he has a week and a half left on his course.

I am so looking forward to loading the program and playing with it, I am waiting for a day or tow (though I might crack tonight) I am hoping to get some more work done before getting caught up in it. Though it looks like such fun. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jim's Gem 11-25-2009 02:35 PM

That is so cool. We have so many wonderful people on this board
I hope your DH is back to work soon!!!

Tink's Mom 11-25-2009 03:26 PM

You are a special lady and that is why you have a Quilting Angel...it is very nice that whoever it is, was able to make things a little more fun for you!

amma 11-25-2009 03:40 PM

Awwww cutie!!! That is so sweet!!! :D :D :D I am so excited for you!!! 8) 8) 8)

jljack 11-25-2009 03:43 PM

Stories of what you ladies do for each other just bless my socks off!!! Hope your DH gets back to work soon, and I know the ones who blessed you will be blessed back.