Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Long arm quilt show in Kansas - oh my! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/long-arm-quilt-show-kansas-oh-my-t46169.html)

quilter girl 05-17-2010 05:21 AM

My dh took me to the show in Kansas (8 hour drive) I have never been to a show like this - it was wonderful. We spent 5 hours looking and "trying" all of the long arms. I have decided on which one I'm saving my $ for. It is the A1. The rep was so helpful and everyone at their booth was so knowledgeable. The machine is so quiet and smooth. I'm a small person and the ergonomic handles made it such a breeze to operate. My husband was so impressed with the frame - and you can lower it and raise it with a touch of a button.

So glad we went and tried them all. Everyone here was so helpful in giving me such good pointers in what to look for and what to ask. It really is a personal preference.

Pam 05-17-2010 07:54 AM

Just like cars, aren't they? There is one for everyone, you just have to look.

memathomas 05-17-2010 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by quilter girl

My DH took me to the show in Kansas (8 hour drive) I have never been to a show like this - it was wonderful. We spent 5 hours looking and "trying" all of the long arms. I have decided on which one I'm saving my $ for. It is the A1. The rep was so helpful and everyone at their booth was so knowledgeable. The machine is so quiet and smooth. I'm a small person and the ergonomic handles made it such a breeze to operate. My husband was so impressed with the frame - and you can lower it and raise it with a touch of a button.

So glad we went and tried them all. Everyone here was so helpful in giving me such good pointers in what to look for and what to ask. It really is a personal preference.

i was there also we bought a tin Lizzie 26 arm (Ashely) is what it's called the quilts on display were soooooo humbling
we also really enjoyed the show my 8 yr old went to a booth for Ronald MC Donald house and we left her with them for 1 hr so she could quilt with the lady . the lady is a teacher in branson and she taught my DD to quilt. free motion she love it.

littlehud 05-17-2010 04:44 PM

I wish I could have been there. It sounds like so much fun.

quilter girl 05-17-2010 05:55 PM

it was soooooooooooooo much fun :thumbup:

Jim's Gem 05-17-2010 06:31 PM

Sounds like it was a great show to go to!!

memathomas 05-17-2010 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by memathomas

Originally Posted by quilter girl

My DH took me to the show in Kansas (8 hour drive) I have never been to a show like this - it was wonderful. We spent 5 hours looking and "trying" all of the long arms. I have decided on which one I'm saving my $ for. It is the A1. The rep was so helpful and everyone at their booth was so knowledgeable. The machine is so quiet and smooth. I'm a small person and the ergonomic handles made it such a breeze to operate. My husband was so impressed with the frame - and you can lower it and raise it with a touch of a button.

spelling correction
i was there also we bought a tin Lizzie 26 LONG arm (Ashely) is what it's called the quilts on display were soooooo humbling
we also really enjoyed the show my 8 yr old went to a booth for Ronald MC Donald house and we left her with them for 1 hr so she could quilt with the lady . the lady is a teacher in branson and she taught my DD to quilt. free motion she love it.

CarrieAnne 05-17-2010 07:09 PM

Aw, that does sound like fun!

Gramof6 05-17-2010 08:42 PM

I would have loved to have gone to this Show! And I am glad that you liked the A1 LA. That is what we have & it is a dream machine. We will have had ours for 3 yrs this coming Nov. The Sales Reps are all so nice & helpful. We love stopping & visiting with all of them at the Houston Show. I sat in their booth last year & chatted for over an hour & did not know any of them. They treat you like family. They are tops IMHO.

katier825 05-18-2010 01:17 AM

How does one find out where these shows are going to be? I'd love to attend one. :)