Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Longarm/midarm quilters - need your input (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/longarm-midarm-quilters-need-your-input-t158169.html)

quiltlonger 10-05-2011 10:27 AM

Gammill Premier here too.WITH the stitch regulator First one didn't love that feature the best!!

hobo2000 10-05-2011 12:07 PM

Tin Lizzie 18 LS with "Lizzie stitch" their advanced stitch regulator and Shirley Stitcher (Robotic) when I just want it done and pretty.

hmay60 10-05-2011 01:00 PM

I have a Voyager 17 with a stitch regulator. We get along just fine. It took a while to get warmed up to it, though, and I didn't have SLR till after about a year.

ncredbird 10-05-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by hmay60
I have a Voyager 17 with a stitch regulator. We get along just fine. It took a while to get warmed up to it, though, and I didn't have SLR till after about a year.

Anyone else have the Voyager 17 with the SLR? When I purchased mine it wasn't available. I would like to know anything you might have to add about it as far as thread issues, tension issues, vibrating, customer service, etc. Actually I would like to know that about any of the machines. The thing I didn't like when I had my Voyager was that it was on or off but nothing in between. It was difficult for me to start and stop smoothly and the needle would catch because I wasn't moving evenly or smoothly. Stippling with it was a nightmare because I couldn't move slowly enough for myself not the machine. I didn't know anyone with another long arm to help but now know about 3 people here in the local area. Unfortunately I can't afford the machines they have but they should still be a good resource for help. No local dealers either or even close to here. Ann in TN

zipit 10-05-2011 01:33 PM

I have a Gammill Classic Plus.

ecmoore 10-05-2011 03:27 PM

I have an APQS millenium, and have loved not only the machine but also the service I got from APQS. I especially like that they encourage you to do your own maintenance and teach you how to do everything up to and including timing the machine.

mandyk 10-05-2011 03:36 PM

Gammil Vision. On this, you have a third mode of coast regulate, which allows you to go from one speed at unregulated to regulated. You set the speed for when you make this change over. The Vision is smoooooth! Never had a problem with Gammill. Whatever you get, check out the tables and vibration.

simplyme 10-05-2011 03:50 PM

I have the HQ Avante' and love it. I tried almost all of them and the quilt fest. last year and kept comming back to the HQ.

phoenixrose 10-08-2011 03:16 PM

I have an APQS Millienum and the smaller Lenni. LOVE them - can use any thread without much tension adjustment and quilts through anything! Plus their cusomter service is the best!

You have to ask yourself how will you use the machine - for business? for yourself? for overall designs or to learn to do custom quilting? size of quilts you want to quilt/ and finally your budget? After taking everything into consideration, go to a major quilt show and test drive all the machines and see how you (not the sales person likes them) Get the biggest you can afford and enjoy! Good luck!