Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Looking to buy a quilting machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/looking-buy-quilting-machine-t157416.html)

halo31257 10-02-2011 07:22 AM

Anyone know anything about the TinLizzie quilting machine? Have read some not so good reviews on it.and looking at the Innova.Anyone know anything about the Innova? Would be grateful for any kind of info..

MaryStoaks 10-02-2011 07:25 AM

I have a Tin Lizzie and love it.

Karenowc 10-02-2011 07:28 AM

I have a friend who has one and does amazing stuff on it.

Gramie bj 10-02-2011 07:36 AM

I have a tin lizzie 18 Love it. The price was great to. Any problems I had with it were operater error! LOL Pam, where I bought it has been great to help me over the phone. I live 6 hr from the nearest dealer, I E-Mailed the factory once with a question, got a response within 24 hrs. and a second responce from them asking if ther first E-Mail had solved my problem. Great customer service at both business. Some day I may go for a diffrent brand machine but only because I think in time I may want a larger work area. Good Luck

mommaB 10-02-2011 07:44 AM

I think people are much more likely to write a review if they are NOT happy with their purchase..gives them a place to vent :lol: :lol: So..I don't rely too much on negative reviews and do take the positive ones much more seriously. Best thing to do? Go somewhere to try before you buy, be sure there's service available, pay your money and take your (researched) chances!!! Good luck and have fun. I wish I could trust my (lack of!!) artistic ability enough to even try it!

halo31257 10-02-2011 07:48 AM

Thanks ladies

btiny36 10-02-2011 08:29 AM

I have a tin lizzie and love love it...really (knock on wood) lol...I haven't had any trouble at all...Tension problems maybe, but that was just a matter of tweeking the bobbin and upper tension which is common in most longarms anyway...other than maybe operator error, I'm quite happy with my Lizzie...

ckcowl 10-02-2011 08:59 AM

everyone is different- and likes different machines- some people love each- some people may hate the same- for their own reasons-
when thinking about investing in something that expensive you should (test-drive) as many as you can locate- at shows, shops, dealers and friends---try them all out- then decide which machine is the one YOU LIKE!
don't buy one because sally down the block likes it---just to find you hate it and are (stuck) with it---and don't pass up a wonderful machine because jan down the block hates it---it might be the one you love!

Scotlass 10-02-2011 10:20 AM

My two cents worth is....go to as many quilt shows that have vendors as you can and drive every machine that looks of interest to you, ask as many questions as you can think of and just keep looking. I was very impressed with the tin lizzie when I first saw/drove it at Quilt Expo in Washington state and I have driven most of them. I have a short arm on a 12' frame and I keep going back to the INNOVA at shows - it seems to have a lot of bells and whistles for the $$$'s. Also join the groups on Yahoo that pertain to the machines you are considering...they will give you lots of information and help with your decision. Good luck and happy quilting.

PaperPrincess 10-02-2011 10:58 AM

I have a tin Lizzie and also love it. Having said that it is a lot of $$$ so you need to get the brand that YOU love. Best way is to test drive them all at a large show, even if you have to travel to get to one. Better to spend a small amount on the trip than big bucks on something you aren't happy with.