Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Looking for flannels (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/looking-flannels-t58648.html)

DoxieMom 08-09-2010 04:46 PM

I want to do a rag quilt using 10 coordinated flannels (florals and plaids, large and small, light and dark) but I'm having trouble finding anything other than novelty and juvenile prints or solids. I've checked at my two local JoAnn's and have been looking on line. Does anyone have any ideas where I might find a better selection?

sewgull 08-09-2010 05:05 PM

Wal-mart

DoxieMom 08-09-2010 05:32 PM

I've tried my local WM with no luck. From what I've heard they're phasing out fabrics...

Originally Posted by sewgull
Wal-mart

Pam B 08-09-2010 05:35 PM

Do you have any quilt shops in your area? The ones in my area always have a very nice selection of flannels.

pgthom 08-09-2010 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by DoxieMom
I want to do a rag quilt using 10 coordinated flannels (florals and plaids, large and small, light and dark) but I'm having trouble finding anything other than novelty and juvenile prints or solids. I've checked at my two local JoAnn's and have been looking on line. Does anyone have any ideas where I might find a better selection?

I have quite a collection of nice flannels, as I make baby blankets for gifts as well as pajama bottoms for the grands. What color range are you seeking? Masculine or feminine? I might have some to share. PM me if interested. I could send you some pics. Also our locally owned fabric shop has a wonder selection of flannels. Penny in Kalamazoo

lalaland 08-09-2010 06:09 PM

do you have any discount stores that sell cheap baby receiving blankets, they are often made out of flannel, and jammies and shirts at the thrift stores can be a cheap source. I just put a bunch of fleece scraps in a bag for our annual garage sale, if you're interested pm me with the size scrap you would need and a little more detail on what you are looking for and I'll see if anything I have would meet your needs - my treat!

texas granny 08-09-2010 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by DoxieMom

Do you have Hobby Lobby in your area if so try them.

CarrieAnne 08-09-2010 06:36 PM

I was going to day Hobby Lobby, too!

Teacup 08-09-2010 07:16 PM

Fabric.com has quite a bit of flannel. Some is in collections. I'm not sure if it's what you are looking for, but worth a look. I recentlly bought a lot of assorted solids for some memory quilts I'm working on.

The Quilt Gypsy 08-09-2010 07:19 PM

flannelworld.com has some nice flannels.