Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   looking for pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/looking-pattern-t97862.html)

salsalady 02-08-2011 09:47 AM

i am looking for a pattern dee's basket. i ordered the 6 fat quarters for the SUNDANCE MEDLEY Was wondering if anyone has the magazine it came from. it is out of KEEPSAKE QUILTINGi think it was the fall one. or the one before the spring 2011. would appreciate any help i can get. i like to see a picture of how this will look in these fabrics i have, help, help help lol lorene

sewwhat85 02-08-2011 10:30 AM

good luck with your search

BKrenning 02-08-2011 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by salsalady
i am looking for a pattern dee's basket. i ordered the 6 fat quarters for the SUNDANCE MEDLEY Was wondering if anyone has the magazine it came from. it is out of KEEPSAKE QUILTINGi think it was the fall one. or the one before the spring 2011. would appreciate any help i can get. i like to see a picture of how this will look in these fabrics i have, help, help help lol lorene

It's still on their website & said you could choose the pattern free for ordering the medley but the picture it shows isn't with the Sundance Medley.

I copied the pictures of the fabrics in the Sundance Medley from their website and drafted the block in Quilt Pro. Hopefully this gives you some idea.

Dee's Basket w-Sundance fabs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140704[/ATTACH]

salsalady 02-08-2011 01:12 PM

hi beverly, thank you so much. i tried to find it on the web site, with no luck. quilting board always comes through. lol thanks so much again. lorene

BKrenning 02-08-2011 02:17 PM

I went to their website and searched for the fabric. When I clicked on it, a little area appeared in the lower right telling me there was a free pattern available for that medley so I chose "Include the Pattern" and it appeared in the lower left corner. I kept that picture open so I could draft the pattern in Quilt Pro and I was able to copy off the images of the different fabrics and save them to use as the colors Quilt Pro uses to "color" blocks.

If you want to make it, let me know what size you want it to finish and I can have the rotary directions uploaded for you.

Oh, the block is based on a 5 patch grid so it will be easier to cut if you keep it at a size that is divisible by 5--I would suggest no smaller than 20 inches to make it easier to piece but 10 is doable if you're comfortable with little 1" Half Square Triangles.

salsalady 02-09-2011 06:37 AM

BK, thank you so much for the info, much appreciated. the pattern is 32x32 inch square. does that mean that the piece is worked with 1" half squares? i dont really like working with that small of pieces. thanks again. Lorene

BKrenning 02-09-2011 06:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
No, they'll be much bigger than 1" if you want the block to finish at 32". 32" is much bigger than I expected really. It also explains why the pieces on the very outside edge looked out of proportion on the website picture. I'll rework the mockup I made in Quilt Pro for 32" and post it.

Dee's Basket Fixed corners
[ATTACH=CONFIG]102054[/ATTACH]

Dee's Basket Rotary Cut 30 inches
[ATTACH=CONFIG]102425[/ATTACH]

salsalady 02-09-2011 07:07 AM

thank you so much for the help. what is this quilt pro you are talking about? have never heard of it. lorene

BKrenning 02-09-2011 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by salsalady
thank you so much for the help. what is this quilt pro you are talking about? have never heard of it. lorene

Quilt Pro is a software program for Windows or Mac that you can use to design your own quilts much like Electric Quilt (EQ). http://www.quiltpro.com

I re-worked the block but did it at 30" instead of 32. I just don't think the outside edge looks right on the original picture I was copying and the math gets really weird at 32" for cutting the pieces. If you click on where it says download under the second picture I posted, you should get a pdf file with the cutting instructions and layout diagram.

salsalady 02-09-2011 07:36 AM

thank you i came out great. am going to look at the pro quilt web site.