Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Looking for post about this baby quilt . . .Diamond Patch (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/looking-post-about-baby-quilt-diamond-patch-t204617.html)

misskira 10-30-2012 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5624262)
Ummm ... my calculator says 4.5" divided by 3 for a nine patch = 1.5"

Don't forget the seam allowance... So the squares would be 2" each for an unfinished size of 5", finished at 4.5".

craftybear 10-30-2012 03:10 PM

cute quilt

auntpiggylpn 10-30-2012 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by misskira (Post 5624301)
Don't forget the seam allowance... So the squares would be 2" each for an unfinished size of 5", finished at 4.5".

Thanks misskira! I just couldn't get my brain wrapped around the measurements. I kept thinking that I had to finish at 5" (duh!;)) and couldn't for the life of me figure it out!!!

junegerbracht 10-31-2012 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5622766)
A board member posted this picture of a baby quilt within the last week. I believe it was called "Diamond Patch" I bookmarked the picture but not the posting! I have done a search with no success. The OP also had a link back to someone else's quilt of the same pattern. Anybody remember it?

I loved it to and ordered via email - Pleasant Valley Creations <[email protected]>. I know I could have figured it out but decided it was easier and fairer to order it from designer. Got it right away by downloading. Happy quilting!

Gerbie 10-31-2012 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5622766)
A board member posted this picture of a baby quilt within the last week. I believe it was called "Diamond Patch" I bookmarked the picture but not the posting! I have done a search with no success. The OP also had a link back to someone else's quilt of the same pattern. Anybody remember it?

What are you needing to know about this ? By the way the name of this pattern is "Diamond Patch" I did not make this baby quilt, but did make the larger version of the pattern which said it was a queen size and went by the measurements and directions explicitly, but the quilt turned out to be 97x125, a monster quilt. I love this pattern, but will make my blocks smaller for the next one I make. I purchased this from Clotildy I think. I have misplaced my pattern, but it is really an easy pattern to make, unless you make their "queen size" version, then it becomes difficult, because it is too large to work with very well on a domestic machine.

sailsablazin 10-31-2012 04:56 PM

I made this pattern for our new grandbaby and I would post a picture if I could figure out how.
Anyway, this was a very easy quilt to do...LOVED making it and it was the first quilt that I actually completed.
I ordered the pattern and then found a free one online...drat!
The pattern, Diamond Patch, from Pleasant Valley Creations gives measurements for Crib size (39" x 45"), Twin size (60" x 90"), and Queen size(102" x 128")
This quilt turned out so colorful that I want to make a queen-sized one for me.

You cut 5 inch squares and 2 inch squares for the 9 patch blocks.
The squares finish at 4 1/2" and 1/1/2".
The pattern was very exact and definitely helped me in the lay out......that helped this visual learner.

auntpiggylpn 10-31-2012 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by sailsablazin (Post 5626526)
I made this pattern for our new grandbaby and I would post a picture if I could figure out how.
Anyway, this was a very easy quilt to do...LOVED making it and it was the first quilt that I actually completed.
I ordered the pattern and then found a free one online...drat!
The pattern, Diamond Patch, from Pleasant Valley Creations gives measurements for Crib size (39" x 45"), Twin size (60" x 90"), and Queen size(102" x 128")
This quilt turned out so colorful that I want to make a queen-sized one for me.

You cut 5 inch squares and 2 inch squares for the 9 patch blocks.
The squares finish at 4 1/2" and 1/1/2".
The pattern was very exact and definitely helped me in the lay out......that helped this visual learner.

Thanks for the information! I spent today making the 9 patches and so far they have turned out.

Cottage Dee 11-01-2012 08:26 AM

I just cut strips out of my stash ... stash that just doesn't get into any other quilt. I want to make this in twin sizes for dgkids. I'm going to a DJ Retreat in Shipshewana IN in a couple of weeks, and hope to get a lot of 9 patches sewn. I went looking online for the pattern, but couldn't find it. Is it known by any other name? TIA!!

Cottage Dee 11-01-2012 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cottage Dee (Post 5627649)
I just cut strips out of my stash ... stash that just doesn't get into any other quilt. I want to make this in twin sizes for dgkids. I'm going to a DJ Retreat in Shipshewana IN in a couple of weeks, and hope to get a lot of 9 patches sewn. I went looking online for the pattern, but couldn't find it. Is it known by any other name? TIA!!

I meant the free version......

sailsablazin 11-01-2012 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5626553)
Thanks for the information! I spent today making the 9 patches and so far they have turned out.

I remember making the squares and then piecing them on the diagonal. I had never done anything like that before and it really helped me to SEE the diagrams of the layout. However, I am not very experienced at quilting. I only put one pink patch since I knew my daughter would have a fit if there was pink in her baby boy's quilt.
I didn't want all of that work stuck in a drawer because of the pink.
Again I bought my hard copy from Pleasant Valley Creations and it cost about $8 or so.