Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lost quilt FOUND! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lost-quilt-found-t174332.html)

AshleyR 01-03-2012 03:38 PM

Lost quilt FOUND!

My mammaw made quilts. Most of them were utilitarian but all the grands got a "nice" one for HS graduation. I thought mine was gone but I found out my mom had it and I got it yesterday.
It's white with big purple flower on each panel.
Well, now I don't know what to do with it.
Because of our many indoor pets, we don't decorate our bed. We have basic sheets and blankets/comforters/quilts needed to stay warm. There's no way I'm putting a "good" quilt out for the animals to ruin! I know it sounds weird because I consider myself a quilter, but we don't even have a quilt I've made. Right now, it's still in my car because I don't want to bring it in!

hirshal 01-03-2012 03:40 PM

Hang it on the wall on to display

barny 01-03-2012 03:43 PM

I don't blame you. We love our pets, but that quilt is irreplaceable. Put it on a quilt holder. You can get them in all sizes and made of a lot of different things.

Crossstitcher 01-03-2012 03:45 PM

Use a quilt rack to display it. Don't forget to send us a picture to see it.

morelcabin 01-03-2012 03:49 PM

We have indoor pets too:) They have been trained to stay off the beds and sofas...and have mats they sleep on...although my youngest son has always allowed them on his bed...ugh

KerryK 01-03-2012 04:22 PM

Ugh???? Our sweet baby Gracie sleeps with us and we wouldn't have it any other way. Actually, she has a king size bed that she graciously shares with us. But, I must admit, she has hair like humans (Maltese) so truly does not shed, and is such a good little girl with no destructive tendencies. And such a sweet little cuddler.

For the quilt, I'd probably put it on a quilt rack. Bring it in and enjoy it! Life's too short to not enjoy what brings you happiness.

Originally Posted by morelcabin (Post 4838955)
We have indoor pets too:) They have been trained to stay off the beds and sofas...and have mats they sleep on...although my youngest son has always allowed them on his bed...ugh

momto5 01-03-2012 04:26 PM

I gave all of my kids a quilt their grandmother (my Mom) hand quilted; did not tell them anything except where it came from. My oldest son folded his in quarters and displays it in his "vacation" home 1/4 at a time on a wall-hung quilt hanger. It looks beautiful! The rest of the kids are still deciding if they even want to chance it...they were all heirloom quality so I guess they'll take their time figuring it out.

QandE2010 01-03-2012 04:37 PM

If I were you, I'd figure out a way to display it without it being ruined by the fur babies. Let us know what you decide. Thanks for sharing.

Gramie bj 01-03-2012 07:16 PM

Hang it up! you will enjoy it everytime you enter the room and so will your guest! Word of warning. Do you have cats? As much as I love my Otis she can be a pest if I hang a quilt where she can reach it. I have one hanging above my couch. It is the only one I will hang there! Otis gets on the back of the couch and behind the quilt then climbs it! She has snaged the backing in several places. The quilt is nothing special just a pattern I tryed with a bunch of scraps but she loves it. I made a new label for it It says Otis's quilt 2009

Wanabee Quiltin 01-03-2012 07:18 PM

I would hang it somewhere on a quilt holder.