Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Love Hunting Season! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/love-hunting-season-t76272.html)

SuziC 11-14-2010 04:40 AM

At this time of year as anyone who is married to a hunter knows, it is a wonderful time of "quiet solitude" My DH is a bow hunter so he has been out for weeks now and with the gun season starting next week, the season of my marathon sewing has begun! I have been at my sewing table nonstop and will have all my Christmas projects completed way ahead of time. It is so nice to have the house to myself all day on the week-ends!!!! I can "do my thing" and not worry about breakfast, lunch or dinner. I secretly hope he doesn't get anything because i love the deer but i do respect his right as a hunter. Besides, he totally supports my quilting so it works out for us....he hunts, I shop fabric and quilt!

erstan947 11-14-2010 05:32 AM

:)

magpie 11-14-2010 05:41 AM

That's a win-win for sure. Have fun. :lol:

mary quite contrary 11-14-2010 05:41 AM

AMEN!!!!!

I love the weekends to myself. My DH is a bowyer. That means he makes his own bows. It usually keeps him out in the shop when he isn't hunting.

It works for us. He makes bows, I make quilts.

DebbyT 11-14-2010 05:44 AM

My husband decided not to go this year. Messes up my whole schedule.

sueisallaboutquilts 11-14-2010 05:44 AM

So cute!
My DH doesn't hunt although all his brothers do. But he never interferes with my sewing. He does his thing, I do mine, and we do things together.
It works :D
Have fun, ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bearisgray 11-14-2010 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by DebbyT
My husband decided not to go this year. Messes up my whole schedule.

:cry:

Pam B 11-14-2010 06:22 AM

My DH does not hunt but I can relate. He has to travel for work (about a week) two or three times a year. The rest of the months he is generally only gone a couple days at a time. When he first started this job 21 years ago, I absolutely hated it. Now...I love it! He also helps our son on the farm and I always look forward to planting and harvesting when he is out of the house. I love being able to sew and not worry about having to stop and fix meals or do things he thinks I need to be doing. Now, if I could just get my school vacations to coordinate with his travels, I would have all day instead of just the evenings free to sew.

SherryLea 11-14-2010 06:31 AM

And hear I thought I was the only one that felt that way. My husband loves to hunt and I am so glad. He has been gone two or three day a week since deer season opened. He also gives the deer meat to feed the hungary so I think it is a win win thing all around. I didn't get as much done this time as I have kinda been in funk or something don't want to do anything and jump from one thing to another never get anything completed.. Maybe I will get up and get moving this week.

Gatormom3 11-14-2010 07:02 AM

My DH is not a hunter but he does go on week long canoe trips! How I love those trips! He is very supportive of my habit when home but when he is gone, I don't have to worry about stopping to get meals - sweet!