Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Love my new Machine... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/love-my-new-machine-t219172.html)

MamaInRed 04-14-2013 09:05 PM

Love my new Machine...

After months of researching New machines with at least an 11" throat. I finally decided & yesterday brought home a Janome 7700. This is the one with the RED faceplate, because I love the Color, it was an added bonus. This machine had been gently ( Full warranty) loved & came loaded with way more than it ever came with originally, tons of feet, the stand that attaches to the back for bigger cones of thread & a table.

I have had a Viking Designer 1 for some time now & loved her. She can sew what ever I threw her way. But I was sick of fighting the 7" throat. She will be retired to only embroidery now.

I was blow away how quiet the Janome is. She pieces beautifully. The lights on both sides of the needle, as well as the back & the throat. I can see great at night again.

I have been practicing my FMQ for months. Maybe now with more throat space I will get brave enough to try it on a quilt.

Hope you don't mind me blabbering away in my excitement. I knew you would all understand.

quiltingcandy 04-14-2013 09:09 PM

So happy for you and your new machine. Enjoy it!

Tartan 04-14-2013 09:12 PM

​Congratulations on your new machine and may you enjoy many happy years together!

watson's mom 04-14-2013 09:12 PM

Congratulations on your new machine. I have the 11000 and the 6600 and love both of them. Janome makes great, user friendly machines. Looking forward to seeing your FMQ on your new red baby.

Sally J 04-14-2013 10:38 PM

Congratulations ! I just bought a Janome 8200..it also has a 11 inch throat. I also have a beloved Designer 1 that even after 14 years still does anything anything I need but the 7 inch throat was too small. Red is also my favorite color but I had a chance to get the 8200 at a small quilt show as a demo machine that had been only used for less than 1 hour but at a great discount with full warranty. I've had a little problem doing free motion because the machine sews so much faster that my timing between my movement and speed. The 1/4 inch needle position was wrong with the O foot but figured that out as well. Hope we both love these machine for years just like the D1.

TeresaS 04-14-2013 10:52 PM

Congrats! I love both of my Janomes. Have fun!

DOTTYMO 04-14-2013 11:03 PM

Congratulations on your new baby. I have a janome and love it although it does not do all the stitches due to me dropping it. I keep it for the embroidery letters etc.

Nilla 04-15-2013 01:23 AM

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll enjoy many hours of happy quilting.

QuiltnNan 04-15-2013 02:59 AM

congrats on your new machine

sewincircles 04-15-2013 03:24 AM

Congratulations, may you have many hours of happy sewing together! How exciting!