Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Machine quilting course today! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machine-quilting-course-today-t22223.html)

BlueChicken 07-04-2009 07:38 PM

Probably the biggest thing I learned was that I was already doing things right.

And to relax! Relax, relax, relax.

And look ahead of the needle, not at the needle, just like when you're driving a car you don't look at the road directly in front of you, you look where you want to go.

Got to try gloves, which I definitely will have to get. And there was a lot of discussion on different marking methods, etc.

Shemjo 07-04-2009 07:47 PM

Hey, wlecome back! And thanks for letting us know that you have already been taught by the master! Practice and relax and breathe! :lol:

BlueChicken 07-04-2009 07:52 PM

Of course, it helped a lot to see everyone else's work and realise that I'm way ahead of most of them! lol

There's something about sitting in a room with like minded people, sewing away, having a good yak and a laugh.

Lacelady 07-05-2009 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Of course, it helped a lot to see everyone else's work and realise that I'm way ahead of most of them! lol

There's something about sitting in a room with like minded people, sewing away, having a good yak and a laugh.

How comforting, Blue, to think that you are doing the right things. Even if you didn't learn much that was new, it is always nice to have confirmation that what you are doing is good. Any pictures to go with this course?

sandpat 07-05-2009 03:49 AM

Isn't it a great feeling to know that you are already building all the right foundations! A day of playing like that is like heaven to me. I love to look at what others are doing also...I can always learn something.

And, yes, do get the gloves, in fact...get a couple of pairs! I bought some and now don't know how I did anything without them. The fingertips of mine get dirty fairly quickly (especially when I've drawn my pattern on tracing paper with a pencil) so I wash them everynight when I am quilting. I'm going to get another pair or 2 so I don't have to worry so much about the drying time. I'd hate to mess up a quilt by smearing pencil lead all over it. :wink:

marigail 07-06-2009 01:29 PM

glad to hear you had a good time. I started an applique bom and am going to my second class Sat. It is a lot of fun and yes it is relaxing.

SharonC 07-08-2009 08:45 AM

Glad you had fun. I want to tell you I finally got a pair of the gloves and am getting a couple more pairs. They make quilting sooooo much easier and I too, don't know what I did without them. :)

Minda 07-08-2009 02:20 PM

BlueChicken, Who was the instructor for your class?

nana2 07-09-2009 06:38 AM

Be a sponge!!! Have fun!!! Tell us everything!!!!

adrianlee 07-09-2009 09:35 AM

Oh, envy, envy, wish I was going with you.