Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Machines are on vacation. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machines-vacation-t55114.html)

sewgull 07-18-2010 02:54 PM

Both of my machines will be gone for 2 weeks. What am I to do? A friend is taking them to be serviced at a Pfaff dealer, which is 250 miles away. She and her family used our beach house for 4 days and in return she is taking and returning machines. There is no Pfaff dealer near where live. I love both Pfaff machines and don't plan to give up either. I am excited to have machines serviced but sad they are gone.

Pam 07-18-2010 02:56 PM

Awww... Maybe you can find an oldie but goodie at a Good will store. I found a great one for $.79.

BellaBoo 07-18-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pam
Awww... Maybe you can find an oldie but goodie at a Good will store. I found a great one for $.79.

I don't think I'll ever look at thrift store machine and not think of you! You have set the bar for every thrift shop shopper!

Stitchnripper 07-18-2010 03:11 PM

$.79!! What a find. The cheapest any of ours have is $19.99. Which wouldn't deter me if I found something good. I already have 5 machines, so not in dire need.

littlehud 07-18-2010 03:33 PM

I feel so bad for you. What are you going to do with all that spare time. I know.........plan and cut out your next quilt.

dkabasketlady 07-18-2010 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pam

I thought I did great finding one for $10 in a cabinet, but you beat me!!!

blossum 07-18-2010 07:06 PM

I would plan my next two quilts and cut them out. My mom bought my machine for 9.99 but had to put about 30 into it . It came with a cabinet.

kathyd 07-18-2010 08:36 PM

My machine has been gone since before July 4. I took it to be cleaned and the service man was gone for a few days. Then he called and said I needed new feed dogs. Okay, no problem. I called back a week later and found out he is on vacation for 2 weeks. The good thing is that I am getting my daughter's quilt hand quilted. This is my least favorite part of the quilt making process, so it is good there is no machine for distraction! The strange thing is, I enjoy hand piecing it is the hand quilting that is boring.
Kathyd

quiltmom04 07-19-2010 05:11 AM

That's when I pick what little handwork I do - usually wool applique.

Pam B 07-19-2010 05:15 AM

Oh, no...I think I would have just sent one at a time...but, of course, I do not have to send my machines 250 miles away. This would be a great time to cut out future projects and clean/organize your sewing space. The cutting out is what I hate the most of all...I just love to be able to sit down and sew. But, I find that if I will take a few days and just cut things out and have them ready to go, sewing is much more fun.