Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Magazine favorites? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/magazine-favorites-t4713.html)

rkcrafter 02-22-2008 08:03 AM

There are so many quilting magazines.

Do you have a favorite and what is it you like about it?

I'm trying to find the "QuiltMaker" and am having a hard time finding it locally to look through it.

How many different magazines do you subscribe to?

Yvonne 02-22-2008 08:53 AM

When I first started subscribing to quilt magazines I probably tried a half dozen or so. :lol: It was a guilty pleasure! I found the patterns I chose to make usually came from "Quiltmaker." I do like Fons and Porter's magazine too. I just kept picking up magazines where ever I could find them (Jo Ann's, grocery store, book store) and then chose which ones I would subscribe to.

Knot Sew 02-22-2008 09:07 AM

I like anything put out by mccalls the best.........just because for me they have the easiest directions to understand :D

Harmony 02-22-2008 09:14 AM

I"m cheap. Each month I go to Borders and look at all the new quilting mags, then buy only the ones that have something I'm interested in. I've most cancelled all my magazine subscriptions when we went through a rought patch financially, and I've found that I really don't miss most of them.

dreamingquilts 02-22-2008 09:16 AM

I did a query on another forum and here are the results: First is the name of the magazine and then the number of people who liked it, and lastly how many issues per year:

Fons and Porter 6 6
Quiltmaker 4 6
Quilter's Newsletter 4 10
American Patchwork and Quilting (BHG) 3 12
Quilter's Home 1
The Quilter 2
Quilting Trends 1
Better Homes and Garden's Quilting 1
McCalls Quick Quilts 2

I ended up getting Quilt Maker and Fons and Porter as Christmas gifts. I do like them both. I received a sample from Quilter's Newsletter and it wasn't for me.

signitwright 02-22-2008 09:28 AM

Yvonne, was that a guilty pleasure or a "QUILTY" pleasure? :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :D :D Pam W.

dreamingquilts 02-22-2008 09:31 AM

LOL! :lol:

Yvonne 02-22-2008 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by signitwright
Yvonne, was that a guilty pleasure or a "QUILTY" pleasure? :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :D :D Pam W.

Uh-Huh! :mrgreen:

lisae 02-22-2008 10:18 AM

I like Quilter's Newsletter the best of all the magazines. It is the only one I subscribe to. They always have a nice mix of articles, including articles about historical quilts, fabric, in addition to patterns.

Extreme Quilter 02-22-2008 10:27 AM

Quilting Arts, Fabric Trends and $100,000 Challenge are my very, very favorites. They are the only ones I keep. I subscribe to way too many magazines and am paring them down one by one by not renewing my subscriptions. I used to love Quilters' Newsletter but under their new editorship(s), their focus seems to be more on traditional quilts and less on art and contemporary quilts.