Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Make Accountable (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/make-accountable-t68396.html)

mamaw 10-05-2010 06:12 AM

I think we should have a place on here to post names of board members who prove untrustworthy. Though they are few, they need to be accountable for their actions. There are some who take advantage on every quilting forum.

Rebecca VLQ 10-05-2010 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by mamaw
I think we should have a place on here to post names of board members who prove untrustworthy. Though they are few, they need to be accountable for their actions. There are some who take advantage on every quilting forum.

I think that's what the feedback system is for....

tlrnhi 10-05-2010 06:21 AM

That's why Admin put in the Feedback. You can post positive and negative on there.

patricej 10-05-2010 06:23 AM

also ... feedback cannot relate to any transactions/swaps not related to this board.

ccb2200 10-05-2010 07:23 AM

That is what the feedback is suppose to be for. Wish people would use it more.

GrammaNancy 10-05-2010 07:27 AM

Where do you find this feedback section?

tlrnhi 10-05-2010 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by GrammaNancy
Where do you find this feedback section?

You can find it in the person's profile

gollytwo 10-05-2010 07:35 AM

I can't speak to untrustworthy, but sure can to ingrates.

I've sent out alot of packets to Board folks, particularly the 1 1/2" square crowd; to some of them twice.
Very few even acknowledged, let alone thanked me.

For the future, my sending will be limited to those members who acknowledged, without being asked to by PM. And, to all requests from Canada, the UK and Australia, who always send thanks. Maybe they were better taught good manners.

Rebecca VLQ 10-05-2010 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by gollytwo

I've sent out alot of packets to Board folks, particularly the 1 1/2" square crowd; to some of them twice.

For the future, my sending will be limited to those members who acknowledged, without being asked to by PM. And, to all requests from Canada and Australia, who always send thanks. Maybe they were better taught good manners.

Respectfully, you *did* send said items of your own free will, right? Expecting nothing in return? I'm not condoning bad behavior, but at the same time it seems you're hurt because you didn't "receive" something in return for your kindness.

We give because we want to, not because we have to. If you don't "want to" that is your right as the giver...but I'm not sure an announcement such as this is necessary.

gollytwo 10-05-2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ

Originally Posted by gollytwo

For the future, my sending will be limited to those members who acknowledged, without being asked to by PM. And, to all requests from Canada and Australia, who always send thanks. Maybe they were better taught good manners.

Respectfully, you *did* send said items of your own free will, right? Expecting nothing in return? I'm not condoning bad behavior, but at the same time it seems you're hurt because you didn't "receive" something in return for your kindness.

We give because we want to, not because we have to. If you don't "want to" that is your right as the giver...but I'm not sure an announcement such as this is necessary.

I'm not hurt; just annoyed.
And, I did think it necessary, or I wouldn't have written.