Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Making a wintery quilt.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/making-wintery-quilt-t112838.html)

justwannaquilt 04-02-2011 05:29 AM

this time of year does not equate to great fun! lol I am so ready for spring to be here in full force that working on this quilt with winter in its name and using wintery type fabrics just feels like I am moving back in time. lol I am getting ready to go spray the fabric now. I have to have it done by the 16th so hopefully it will go together painlessly and once its outta here we will have warm weather till October!

Don't really know where I was going with this, however I am sure someone will understand! lol

sueisallaboutquilts 04-02-2011 05:31 AM

I sure do!!
I'm having so much trouble getting motivated.
Our son got married in Hawaii on the 16th and I came back to snow!!!
It's gone but it's just gloomy :(

I know I should be grateful for the wonderful trip but I'm gonna complain anyway lol

QuiltingrandmafromMi 04-02-2011 05:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For sure, tired of the cold drab weather! where is spring? Hurry and finish your quilt!

Treasureit 04-02-2011 05:38 AM

That is why I don't want to start on Christmas stuff yet, but fear I won't be able to finish if I wait. Do it or don't I?

quilter1943 04-02-2011 05:43 AM

Sorry, can't relate to the snow, only terrible storms here. Don't understand about the wintery fabric though??? Unless it's Christmas. I know, my 3 yr old GS always looks at me and laughs, DUH, Nana!!

KarenK 04-02-2011 05:48 AM

I really do understand how you feel!

It's 32 degrees here. There's still a 10 foot snow pile in the parking lot near the LQS. I have the windows opened just a wee bit to listen to the birds. :D Thank goodness for the sun and clear blue skies today. I can feel it in my bones - Spring IS on the way!

justwannaquilt 04-02-2011 06:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by quilter1943
Sorry, can't relate to the snow, only terrible storms here. Don't understand about the wintery fabric though??? Unless it's Christmas. I know, my 3 yr old GS always looks at me and laughs, DUH, Nana!!

this is what I mean by "wintery" the fabric has holly berries and leaves cardinal birds and it just looks wintery the fabrics to go along with this is also a deep red/wine color and green. I am making this quilt to be auctioned off at a benefit later this month. This is what was bought so this is what I am making I also told them they would make more money doing a raffle. But who the heck am I? they didn't listen.

CoriAmD 04-02-2011 06:42 AM

that is beautiful fabric, but I totally agree with you about not liking working with wintery fabric. I have a winter quilt (snowflakes and snow scenes) that I just put away - will haul it out in Nov and finish it! Fortunately I don't have a deadline.
Good luck to you! :-o

quilter1943 04-02-2011 11:57 AM

I love that fabric. See what you mean about wintery. Sorry, guess I've been in the south too long.