Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Marie Osmond? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/marie-osmond-t87760.html)

Naturalmama 01-04-2011 09:35 PM

So when did Marie Osmond have anything to do with quilting? I saw her on a magazine or poster at our lqs the other day and was surprised. I knew she designed dolls so maybe she's into the creative thing. I have no idea what she's promoting - can anyone fill me in?

FranW 01-04-2011 09:40 PM

I know she had a Janome sewing machine and her own fabric line. Try this site: http://www.quiltingtreasures.com/content246.html

C.Cal Quilt Girl 01-04-2011 09:40 PM

In a American Patchwork & Quilting Oct. 09 it is a Janome machine or at least thats her on the ad.

LindaM 01-04-2011 09:40 PM

She's been associated with Janome for a while, also designing fabrics and quilts. Busy busy lady she is!

Corky 01-04-2011 09:43 PM

I think she has jumped on the 'gold' cart recently although she claims to have been 'sewing' all her life. She launched a sewing machine company 2 years ago and published a craft book last year. Before that just the dolls.

Quilting is an extremely lucrative business.

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
So when did Marie Osmond have anything to do with quilting? I saw her on a magazine or poster at our lqs the other day and was surprised. I knew she designed dolls so maybe she's into the creative thing. I have no idea what she's promoting - can anyone fill me in?

Naturalmama 01-04-2011 09:48 PM

Very interesting. I grew up arguing with my cousin about which one of us was going to marry Donny, so she caught my attention. Thanks for the info.

Corky, I love that bag in your avatar! Gorgeous colors!

sueisallaboutquilts 01-04-2011 09:52 PM

A long,long time ago when Marie Osmond had her first baby one of the women's mags had an article about how she sewed. I always remembered it b/c I was surprised :D:D
PS. Goldie Hawn knits!!! lol

RkayD 01-04-2011 10:03 PM

Very interesting. I grew up arguing with my cousin about which one of us was going to marry Donny, so she caught my attention. Thanks for the info.

LoL! Its a standing joke in my family about Donny Osmond and me. I still have 2 of my vinyls that I wore out playing on my record player over and over and over. I went to sleep listening to him sing Lonely Girl just to me. =) My husband was going to take me to Vegas to see in him in person..I would probably faint! Wonder if he would sign my albums??

I read an article and saw pictures of her sewing between rehearsals from when she was younger. Apparently it was something she did with her mother to help keep her grounded. I thought that was pretty cool. =)

Maybe1day 01-04-2011 10:36 PM

Marie Osmond has been quilting for quite some time I think? I seem to remember reading an interview about her and there were pictures of her and the quilts she makes, oh several years ago now, also about how she used to make her own clothe too. As someone else commented earlier, she has always sewn.

Given the religion she grew up in, Marie would likely have been taught all the basics

Corky 01-04-2011 10:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks, that's a free pattern too. I have made many of the baskets. Go to my blog for the links and some more pictures if you want. PiecefulDays.SquareSpace.com (look under old posts, patchwork baskets)

Here are two of my favorites.

This basket was made last year for my secret sister
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153763[/ATTACH]

This was made for Duff (bacontheneggs) to go with a painting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153764[/ATTACH]

Here is the basket with the painting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153765[/ATTACH]