Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Marking your quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/marking-your-quilts-t202246.html)

LadyElisabeth 10-05-2012 09:40 AM

I use the old fashioned way, soap slivers, if I am marking my lines. Just mark a few at a time.

Deborahlees 10-05-2012 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=Buckeye Rose;5563968]I have used the frixxion pen in black for quite a few quilted items with no issues on light colored fabrics. But need to find a similar pen that marks in white for dark fabrics.... does anyone know if the frixxion pens comes in white?[/QUOTE

That is a most excellent question.....anyone know that answer ?????

Hinterland 10-05-2012 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose (Post 5563968)
I have used the frixxion pen in black for quite a few quilted items with no issues on light colored fabrics. But need to find a similar pen that marks in white for dark fabrics.... does anyone know if the frixxion pens comes in white?

Clover makes a fine line white pen. The marks take a few seconds to develop but once they do, they don't rub off. They can be removed by ironing or washing, and they do not return again. I use this to mark dark fabrics all the time and never had a problem with them.

Janet

Ladibug 10-05-2012 10:49 AM

I haven't quilted anything yet but I have used soap slivers and crayons before and they worked. I have never tried tailors chalk, would it work? Or is that the chalk everyine is refering to?

debquilts2 10-05-2012 12:25 PM

you can use a pounce pad just rub it on your stencil and Iron away the marks

NUBQ 10-05-2012 05:27 PM

stillclock.
.......giving myself the vague idea of where to go just looks like i had a vague idea of where i was going...

.Are we talking about life itself? HAHA Love it!!

charhend 10-05-2012 07:44 PM

I also use the pens and love, love them. They have ironed out on all of my fabric.

JustAbitCrazy 10-06-2012 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ladibug (Post 5564134)
I haven't quilted anything yet but I have used soap slivers and crayons before and they worked. I have never tried tailors chalk, would it work? Or is that the chalk everyine is refering to?

I use chalk which comes in a container shaped like a marker, and which has a tiny wheel at the marking end. The wheel rolls as you move the "pen", and the chalk makes a fine line, which brushes off easily. I think this also comes in a holder which is triangular shaped. I think tailor's chalk would work just fine, but I don't have any.

I also use the chalk called the "Ultimate Pounce Powder", in the pounce made for it. I use white and blacklight powder (which is white and looks fluorescent green under a blacklight) in the pounce with stencils. It also comes in blue, which I quit using once I had trouble getting the blue marks out. That's when I switched to using blacklight powder instead of blue for light colored fabrics.

kathdavis 10-06-2012 04:50 AM

Just wash it and the Frixon pen will wash off.