Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Marshall Dry Goods? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/marshall-dry-goods-t214305.html)

quiltlady1941 02-19-2013 08:03 PM

Marshall Dry Goods?

Has anyone bought fabric from Marshall Dry Goods? I seen some backing fabric 108" for 7.99 a yd and a lot of there fabric is 3.99 a yd. It seemed like good prices but I have never bought anything from them and was just wondering how they were.. Thanks

mighty 02-19-2013 08:05 PM

I purchased backing fabric from them and it was really nice. I was quite pleased!

grammy of 6 02-19-2013 08:08 PM

I just received an order from them, and am very pleased with all the fabric. Another plus is that they cut a generous yard, so refreshing when at Joann's they don't give you an extra quarter of an inch!

Toni C 02-19-2013 08:32 PM

Great fabric, great service, always very happy.

RavenLunaStitch 02-19-2013 08:39 PM

I have gotten some really nice fabric from them -- at $3.99 a yard for the same quality as everywhere else (I got some Kona Bay Serenity fabric that was awesome!) you can't beat it. They are pretty fast in shipping out orders too. The only thing is that their retail selection is very limited, but if you can find something you want, it is a great deal. I also got a couple of baby striped cotton fabrics by the bolt which ended up costing about $1.99 a yard and it is really soft & nice quality fabric! So yes, I definitely recommend them!

quiltlady1941 02-19-2013 09:19 PM

WooHoo! Thank you.... I'm off to order my backing for my quilt and maybe more..LOL...can't pass up a deal...

WandaVA 02-20-2013 05:48 AM

I recently ordered some of their backing that was $7.99--it is identical to backing that I got from thousandsofbolts.com for $10.95! The service was great, and they are at the top of my "good" list now.

tbumgarn 02-20-2013 05:58 AM

Marshall Dry Goods

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941 (Post 5874132)
Has anyone bought fabric from Marshall Dry Goods? I seen some backing fabric 108" for 7.99 a yd and a lot of there fabric is 3.99 a yd. It seemed like good prices but I have never bought anything from them and was just wondering how they were.. Thanks

While I hate living in Arkansas (moved here from Missouri years ago), I love going to Batesville just so I can visit Marshall Dry Goods. The store is very big; actually they are in an old Wal-Mart building; and their selection online does not cover lots of the items in the store. I fequent the remenant table or discount talbe. I can find great buys for $2.50 a yard but there are flaws or black marks on the material from the manufacturer, which is great for piecing but not for backing. I love buying the bundle packages they offer but only if I am there to see the material that is in the bundle. I bought one online a couple of years back and while the material was good quality the oddly placed colors clashed and I ended up giving part of it away. Go ahead and order from them, you will be pleased with the material you receive.

Belfrybat 02-20-2013 05:58 AM

I've ordered several times from them and have been extremely happy with all the fabric. I really like their backers -- the LQS sells the same thing for $12.00. So even with shipping, $7.99 is a good deal. Now that our LQS is closing down, I'm considering purchasing on the wholesale side and established an account so I can get their e-mail updates. Just wish I could find someone local to go in with me. 15 yards of one print is a lot of fabric!

rebeljane 02-20-2013 06:04 AM

I have bought from them, they are great and cheap!