Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Marshall's Dry Goods shoppers?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/marshalls-dry-goods-shoppers-t148665.html)

sandraa 08-28-2011 08:46 PM

Has anyone been there and if so, how is it. Is it all previous years fabric? Is it quality LQS fabric? Hate to drive for 9 hours if it's not worth it, but for $3.99 it's tempting. Thanks to all that respond.

bethanywoman 08-28-2011 10:04 PM

I went to Marshall's last year.....It is a great place, purchased two warm & natural bolts batting, one bolt of a background off-white, check out their website although there is much more in the store. I just wish it was closer, about a 7 hr drive for us, oh and by the way, the second bolt of batting was for pollyv9 and she has almost used up all of hers! Anytime in the future we go to TN, we will be stopping by Marshalls on the way home (OKC) I think the fabric is good quality but probably not the very latest at $10 per yard, but they carry a lot of everything: decorator, cottons, upholstery, notions, batting, etc. Call them if you have questions, they are very nice people to talk with.

Lilrain 08-28-2011 10:30 PM

Never been there, but have heard losts about it here. If I were you I would check all the quilt and fabrics stores on the way and make it a really fun trip.

sandraa 08-29-2011 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by bethanywoman
I went to Marshall's last year.....It is a great place, purchased two warm & natural bolts batting, one bolt of a background off-white, check out their website although there is much more in the store. I just wish it was closer, about a 7 hr drive for us, oh and by the way, the second bolt of batting was for pollyv9 and she has almost used up all of hers! Anytime in the future we go to TN, we will be stopping by Marshalls on the way home (OKC) I think the fabric is good quality but probably not the very latest at $10 per yard, but they carry a lot of everything: decorator, cottons, upholstery, notions, batting, etc. Call them if you have questions, they are very nice people to talk with.

Thanks, looks like I will go after all.

sandraa 08-29-2011 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lilrain
Never been there, but have heard losts about it here. If I were you I would check all the quilt and fabrics stores on the way and make it a really fun trip.

Think I might just do that.

BellaBoo 08-29-2011 09:08 AM

I live about 2 hours away. I see out of state shop owners load a van full of fabric bolts for their shops. And many have told me their biggest shop profits come from Marshall's fabrics enough so they can order some the newest line of fabrics for their store that is currently in all the quilt magazines. They can buy it wholesale at Marshalls.

EagarBeez 08-29-2011 10:51 AM

I have never been there but had placed an order online. Waited for a few days, did not recieve any acknowleging. Checked to see if the money came out of my acct. No, I called them and they said the order did not go through. They appologised. I then placed the order on the phone, a few more days, nothing, called back. The person taking the order forgot to put it through. Appologised again, and a few days later, finally got my order

cny_sewer39 08-29-2011 11:56 AM

I have never been there before, either. I wish there was one closer to me. (Temple,TX) Maybe I should order online.

debra

purplepamela 08-29-2011 03:00 PM

I have been there. I really like it. A little bit of every thing. They have great prices on everything. They even have tables with seconds very cheap with good fabrics. I like to make scrap quilts and these work great. Last time i went i bought 50 to 60 yards of fabric for less than $150. It was awesome.